Sales of goods act

On several occasions I have had repairs or replacements for goods that were past the manufactures warranty, all goods should be fit for purpose and last a reasonable time, the warranty is in addition to your statutory legal rights.

I have. A few years ago, I bought some stilletoes (umm wrong spelling) from a shoe shop in Orchard Square. I wore them once, on the night that I bought them. during the night out I noticed that the heels had a hairline crack in each of them. so the following monday I took them back to the shop for a refund. They refused, offering only an exchange or store credit. I refused as the shoes were obviously faulty. I worked at a solicitors at the time and went back to work to have a word with the one is the legal know! after a good old discussion, I returned to the shop and stood my ground demanding a full refund. the assistant would not give me one so I asked for the Manager. He dutily came along and I stated that the shoes "were not fit for the purpose they were sold for". He agreed, gave me a full refund, much to the disgust of the assistant but I was happy and have never bought a pair of shoes from that chain of shops again. the law was on my side and I stood my ground. bloody shops think they can do what they like even when they are in the wrong!

People take the **** with Costco and its returns policy; Costco will virtually accept ANYTHING back after any length of time it would seem, even without a receipt. I know someone who works there and they get people bringing back TV's that they bought from another Costco store six years ago, and recently a guy returned some well worn out trainers that he bought about a year ago as "faulty" because the rubber at the front was peeling up slightly, they refunded him the fifty quid he paid for them - a year ago. :loopy:

Archived