Isle of Arran Holiday

Been a few times. My favourite things to do there are:

See the seals and if you're lucky otters at Kildonen. I like the waterfall there too. Nearby you can hire a boat to take you to Ailsa Craig but it costs.

Taste some of the finest whiskey at Lochranza distillery

Walk to King's Cave and onwards to the prehistoric landscape of Drumadoon Point. While in the area visit the standing stones at Machrie Moor

Burial chamber at Torrylinn which aligns with Ailsa Craig and visit nearby pebble beach

Brodick Castle

Walk up the glen near Brodick (Glen Luce?)

Kildonen on the south east of the island is a nice quiet place to stay with great views, wildlife and a pub.

What's brodick like as a base?

Depends what you want. It's got all the shops, pubs and restaurants you need but it's nowt special. It's handy for the ferry.

Lamlash and Whiting Bay are similar but smaller and less busy.

I prefer the places with no street lights where you can have a fire on the beach and see the stars, in my case Kildonen as mentioned.

Depends what you want. It's got all the shops, pubs and restaurants you need but it's nowt special. It's handy for the ferry.

Lamlash and Whiting Bay are similar but smaller and less busy.

I prefer the places with no street lights where you can have a fire on the beach and see the stars, in my case Kildonen as mentioned.

Found a nice lodge at a decent price just outside lamlash:)

Archived