Regional Variations for Words / Phrases

I once had a boyfriend from Coventy and when he came to Sheffield to visit me we went out for a drink and decided to have some lunch, he went to order the sandwiches and he was gone a while so I went to investigate and he just couldn't make the girl understand what he wanted,he was asking for two salad batches. there they call bread cakes batches and he could not get his head round bread cakes for love nor money!

A friend from Barnsley was waiting to be served by a lady who was chatting to her workmate at a Greggs type shop in Manchester when he said "If tha' stops calin' tha'll get some'rt done" she didn't understand so he repeated it louder "If tha' stops calin' tha'll get some'rt done"and she still didn't understand so I said. He said "if you stop talking to each other you will be able to serve us"

I got involved in a small contretemps many years ago. The thug said to me 'wanna feight?'

I replied with 'seven' ... he thumped me!:(

ROFL! :hihi:

One off eight? :lol:

I got involved in a small contretemps many years ago. The thug said to me 'wanna feight?'

I replied with 'seven' ... he thumped me!

He also asked "What's the Beckhams' child called?"

I said, "Harper Seven."

He said, "Look, I didn't ask for the time."

Archived