bladesufc1

WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE  

26 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE

• DANCE MUSIC
    • POP MUSIC
    • HEAVY METAL?
    • OTHER

I started a night with a friend at Takapuna on a Sunday called Monkyes Punk Disco which had a alternative dance music concept..

We only did it once as I moved to Manchester but it cerstainly had potential and we got punters through the door..

I think the key is try to do something different enough that it has not been done before and is not just a regurgitation (sp) of every other dance night in town but not so different everyone turns their noses up at it as most people say they do but dont like change..

Hand made hand delivered flyers and invites worked for pulling the punters in too..

Hope this helps.

Well thats what we did kind of..

We tried to bring some styles together..

ie

We had Kirk McGuiness start with some old house and funk house, then Alan Tsang (co-host of the night) with some hip-hop and broken beats. We then had Razor Ralph play some electro clash sounds that he does. The Alan Tsang went back on and stomped it out till the end..

It sounds like it shouldnt work but it did really well..

Archived