Can B T do this?

I had the same problem with Virgin when i upgraded my speed on the internet and also tv package, i been with Virgin since they started before they took over the other cable company i was with. No mention of another 12 month contract with them when i did this, till i was told when i wanted my speed lowerd and also my TV cancelled has im now on freeview, but i still use the phone and internet with Virgin. I was told i have to pay £65 to stop the contract on my other speed and because i up graded my TV package at the same time that still got 4m left to go. I told them i never got told this no did i get any letters about it, nor have they ever put a new contract in all the time i was with them when i upgrade the TV over the years. I was told i had to pay, but when i got my bill to pay for my pacakge that i use the month before i got a refund and a sorry note and a sorry to see me go, so my bill of over £85 Virgin only charged me over £1.50 just for the calls i made. So be wary BT may do the same to scare you in to stopping, has i dint have to pay in the end plus i got a bonus of not paying the full bill and also they let me keep the second box we have in another room with Tv for free,maybe they dint also want me to go eles where for my phone or internet why they did this,but i was happy with that deal.

You know the thing that amazes me its that these days people will sign any contract before going away reading all the terms and conditions then considering it yes ive done it before but i learnt quick from it so now if someone trys to sell me the internet a mobile phone contract or anything i get them to send me the terms and conditions i read through them all several times get all the information i need and then make a decision so i dont trip myself up before saying 'can they do this its not fair blah blah' read your terms and conditions for gods sake its basic common sense why do so many people not see that?

You know the thing that amazes me its that these days people will sign any contract before going away reading all the terms and conditions then considering it yes ive done it before but i learnt quick from it so now if someone trys to sell me the internet a mobile phone contract or anything i get them to send me the terms and conditions i read through them all several times get all the information i need and then make a decision so i dont trip myself up before saying 'can they do this its not fair blah blah' read your terms and conditions for gods sake its basic common sense why do so many people not see that?

Can you understand one of these contracts,you must be the only one in the country..personally I cant even make out the small print even with a magnifying glass so the question of understanding it is irrelevant

My case i been in this house 6ys with Virgin, i also been with Virgin many years in my other home before i moved here. I was only given one contract when i sign up to Virgin in my old house when i first started with them, it was a 12m contract. Over the years i have never had a new contract said to me or given to me via post when i have upgraded or downgraded my package over the years till i was told about this one when i told them i will be leaving them for good on the TV package has im now on freeview. So not everyone gets told about these contracts like i did till i told them i was leaving.Yes i know you have one at the start but never one after all these years of been with Vrigin when you leave. Mine was a 12m contract from the start,and if i left them the only thing i had to do has it stated at the time was to give them back their viewing boxs, I never got a new contract also when i moved house has i was staying with them when i moved.

Well i know they can be tricky to read but if i cant understand it myself ill seek help if they cant understand it i wont sign it simples.

And even tho you may have been with virgin many years after the 12 month expired i would be on the phone enquiring what happens next and asking for written confirmation the problem is when people dont do this your simply saying to the company do what you like when you like and then when they do people start to get all moody if i was elected as prime minister if people didnt ask for contracts or didnt read them properly they would get nothing no compensation not even a small claims court trial every service i have in my house ie mobile phone contract, etc ive read and gone through so i know what my rights are and what im entitled to because in my opinion its not fair on service providers ie virgin when people dont read there contracts and then put the companys name at risk. In my eyes your responsible for your own contracts and legal agreements if you dont read them thats your own stupid fault.

Archived