Could you tell me bad things about Sheffield?

I'm a Spanish guy looking for a good place to work and study in England and for the moment, Sheffield is heading the list of cities which could be a good place to live.

I've researched and it seems that rental prices aren't very expensive, unemployment rates are low and the student life should be great with two universities. I also like the idea of living in one of the greenest cities of England.

Now I'd like to know bad things about Sheffield because so much perfection make me suspect :hihi:

Thank you in advance!

We knew that you probably weren't local by birth, as your English is itself perfect.

Bienvenido a nuestra ciudad, hombre. No hay mucho mal alli. A los residentes gusta hallar unas pequenas fallas- es todo.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

I'm a Spanish guy looking for a good place to work and study in England and for the moment, Sheffield is heading the list of cities which could be a good place to live.

I've researched and it seems that rental prices aren't very expensive, unemployment rates are low and the student life should be great with two universities. I also like the idea of living in one of the greenest cities of England.

Now I'd like to know bad things about Sheffield because so much perfection make me suspect :hihi:

Thank you in advance!

As in all cities, there are nice areas and areas best avoided.

Ha ha yes your grammar is too good to be a native!

For me its just depends on the Area you end up living in…. there are many nice areas, lovely bars and restaurants, good theatre, good location for transport to other cities and airports, not too expensive….

Id say be careful which suburb you live in and if youre looking for city centre shopping or late night eating like with Spanish culture, think again!

No negatives, this is a great city to work and study. I am sure you will be made very welcome as Sheffield is a very friendly place and I hope you enjoy being here should that be your decision.

^^This.

I've worked in cities all over the globe, but have always enjoyed life in Sheffield.

Bad things about Sheffield ! Well, that 's a tall order because it IS almost perfect. Admittedly it 's just been reported that the city is £ 650 million pound in debt but that 's a drop in the ocean compared to some European countries.

We do get our share of stabbings and shootings on the streets but if you hurry along and pretend you haven 't seen or heard anything, you should be o.k. Similarly, there IS a chance of being mugged or just beaten up by a passing drunk but the police will be around eventually and we have many fine hospitals.

You can stroll into our wonderful city centre any Fri. or Sat. night and mingle freely with our young people who enjoy an occasional drink whilst sitting in our hostelries. They can be heard discussing philosophy and culture, like young people the world over.

We have lots of fantastic restaurants, within the students ' spending range-----

MacDonalds, KFC, Spudulike, GOGOPizza , KebabExpress .........and many, many, many others.

Parking is cheap and plentiful on the outskirts of the city and our road system will certainly keep you on the move !

Rotherham and Barnsley, both well-known cultural cities are but a short distance away. Meet our local ' Chavs ' and other teenagers with their exotic language and

customs !

Yes.......Sheffield is a wonderful city ........and is representative of our little island Jerusalem !