Could you tell me bad things about Sheffield?

You were in a tourist resort, do you really think it's directly comparable to the 5th biggest city in the UK?

Malaga has a larger population than Sheffield, circa 570,000, greater Malaga is approaching 1.200.000, so yes I do think that it's directly comparable. Try comparing the very expensive public transport costs in our tourist areas by the way.

Hmm, well, wikipedia says it has a population almost identical to Sheffield;

"With a population of 568507 in 2010"

The trains in Sheffield are on time and clean, as is the station.

And presumably (since you caught a train out of it) you didn't wander around Malaga looking for Spanish chavs, but went to your tourist resort.

You travelled about 20 miles on the train apparently, so I guess thats about the equivalent of going to Worksop from Sheffield.

Spain is also somewhat the anomaly across Europe

Train Travel in Spain is Cheaper Than Other Countries A long distance train can be half the price of a similar journey in France or Germany.

That said, the return ticket to Worksop is £5.60, which is pretty comparable I think.

Well the wife and I landed at Malaga airport this year and caught the train to Fuengirola and then got the bus to Calahonda, this cost 6.50 Euros for the two of us (the taxi fare is 58 Euros), so if you think that's expensive you're in for one hell of a shock in Sheffield.

The train station was immaculate, as was the train,and it was on time. The bus was more like a coach, and once again very clean. I notice police officers patrolling the streets in Spain, we don't have anything like that in Sheffield. The only low life chavs that can be seen in Spain are British holiday makers, I could go on, but I guess that you get my drift.

You were in a tourist resort, do you really think it's directly comparable to the 5th biggest city in the UK?

Train tickets there are very expensive (or here very cheap).

You can see the difference comparing prices on renfe and nationalrail websites.

I don't know how are exactly low life chavs, but maybe you didn't have the opportunity of meeting "canis de sevilla" when you were in Andalucia. Very interesting people for zoologists.

Edited by Neihub

• 3 years later...

I moved to Sheffield for work for nearly a year, and it was one of the worst places I have ever lived.

Normally, wherever I go, I make friends easily. However, I never had more than a few casual acquaintances at the local bars . When I went out, I found Sheffield people difficult to approach and quite insular.

There wasn't much to do outside work. Nearly everything was shut down by 6pm. The city centre is very small. I didn't have fun at any of the clubs. The weekends were a drag if I stayed in Sheffield. Sometimes I would go to London to break the monotony.

It was really a bad experience living in Sheffield. It might be better if you are a student. Though I don't think it's a great student town either. It's pretty much dead most nights.

Despite inventing football, our two professional teams are both pretty rubbish, considering the size of Sheffield.

We also have a backward-looking Council.

But, all in all, Sheffield is a good place to be.

But the football teams are a little bit rubbish.

I moved to Sheffield for work for nearly a year, and it was one of the worst places I have ever lived.

Normally, wherever I go, I make friends easily. However, I never had more than a few casual acquaintances at the local bars . When I went out, I found Sheffield people difficult to approach and quite insular.

There wasn't much to do outside work. Nearly everything was shut down by 6pm. The city centre is very small. I didn't have fun at any of the clubs. The weekends were a drag if I stayed in Sheffield. Sometimes I would go to London to break the monotony.

It was really a bad experience living in Sheffield. It might be better if you are a student. Though I don't think it's a great student town either. It's pretty much dead most nights.

Totally the opposite of what most people report about the people...

And nothing to do after 1800... I shall have to cancel my busy evening schedule then.

You must be a right barrel of laughs then.