Bird's skull required ..

My Uncle has a stuffed Golden Eagle in his living room. I might ask him.

My grandfather shot it as a young man and rode home with it on his bicycle.

But the eagle wasn't dead. It awoke in a screaming rage and viciously clawed his back through the hessian sack it was being carried in.

It goes without saying he shot it again, properly this time, and had it stuffed and mounted, wings outstretched, head down and beak open in fury.

Do you think he'd notice if its head accidentally went missing? :huh:

I guess it would be a very bald eagle then! :hihi:

(Like your story by the way!)

As the thread title may suggest, I want a birds skull (with beak). It needs to be quite big, Ideally an eagle or similar size. Certainly not as big as an ostrich or albatross though.

Does anyone have one or know where to get one from?

Did you get fed up with the 10,000 dead fluffy wasps then ..... or were they unfluffy?? I can't remember. ;)

Actually, I may have hit pay dirt as they say in Canada!

I mention Canada as that's where my brother lives, who I was talking to last night. He reckons he may be able to lay his hands on an eagle skull and will check it out this weekend! :D

If you look very carefully at the thread title, it does specifically mention 'skull' ... bit of a giveaway there? :rolleyes:

Anyway ... I want a skull with a pointy beak (unlike ducks). I forgot to mention this but I did mention 'eagle' :)

Wouldn't a duck's skull and a rasp file do?

How weird is that!?

Just been doing a Google search on an entirely unrelated subject and a little ad window appeared with an eagle skull for sale (£43.00)

What's going on there then? ... is it just co-incidence ? :huh:

Archived