Viva Las Vegas..

I'm planning a trip to Vegas either later this year or early next year (flexible), can anyone recommend the best month to travel climate wise.

Any hotel recommendations would also be welcome.

I've been a few times and the hottest time i went was in august, it was so hot that when buses drove past i had to get out of the way of the breeze of it as it went by because it was like when you open an oven thats been on full for an hour, then when walking past shops/malls going in them to cool down as they are all climate controlled.

best time i thought was in april around the 21c mark if i remember right but then it got cold at night, ps if you go for longer than a week hire a motor and go places cos the 'ringing' of slots in your ears will drive you crazy after a while :) i've stayed in bellagio, luxor and caesars palace, but if you're under 35 and luv to party go new york new york - you cannot go wrong !

I went in October, very pleasant in the day 21 C, so probably like April..but the nights stayed a little warmer. I stayed Luxor....near the top of the Strip so was great to walk to the bottom and back visiting the other hotels on the way, very jealous, Enjoy, x

April/May is a reasonable time to go with nice temperatures during the day and with the evenings being pleasant. However, the cheap time to go is July/August simply because it is so hot that Americans don't go.

Avoid going to Las Vegas during a convention period (Check convention dates through 'Google' or something similar). Some conventions in Vegas will cause hotel rates to quadruple or quintuple.

As far as hotels are concerned, Weekday nights, Sunday through Thursday, are FAR less expensive than Friday and Saturday nights. Hotel rates are based on supply and demand, so the prices go up when the demand rises and supply moves downward.

Hotels range from the cheap end (Excalibur) through the mid range (Luxor, New York New York, Treasure Island, etc) to the expensive (Bellagio and Venetian) and recommending one would really depend on ypour budget.

Many of the hotels have free shows and/or attractions, (lions at MGM, white tigers at Mirage, boardwalk at New York New York, etc) so it's worth time just walking around and through the strip hotels to see what's going on.

If you want to attend any shows, try and book these a couple of months before you go so as to get decent seats. Prices range from $45 for a good comedy show to $180 for best seats at the Cirque shows so have a good ;look around at what's available.

I'd like to add we found it much cheaper to just turn-up at the hotel and book a room than to book it in advance online, some of the hotels have 1000's of rooms and they are quite open to a bit of bartering.

Archived