Good sunday dinner

whatsurrp

We have been to the Admiral Rodney today and the lunch was awful. The beef was so tough, the yorkshire pudding was a frozen one and rock hard. The roast potatoes were hard and the small ammount of veg we had was about the only thing that i could eat. I did complain and in their defence I was given a full refund. I don't think I will go back again for food but I like to try different places and i would go back for a drink because its a nice pub to sit outside when the weathers nice. :)

The Hearty oak at Dronfield Woodhouse (on the road between Bradway and holmesfield )

do 2 courses for £9.95 on a sunday.

Starters incluse classics like prawn cocktail, homemade soup, pate or garlic mushrooms.

Mains include Aberdeen angus beef, roast pork and stuffing or roast chicken all served with homemade yorkshire puds, roast potatoes and mash and fresh veg inluding cauliflower cheese , peas and carrots , lashings of real home made gravy ( meats from next door Borderview farm so quality assured!!!

If you fancy alternatives to sunday roasts there is meat and potato pie , scampi or roast veg pie with REAL chips and garden peas.

Puds are choice of white chocolate cheesecake , warm brownies , treacle sponge which are all homemade ( no frozen rubbish here )or icecream sundaes!!

It does get busy so best to book on 0114 2891322

see http://www.heartyoak.com for details

Byron house, Nether Edge rd

£4.50 for a small sunday lunch or £5 for a large......the only difference is the depth of the food!!

Not a carvery just order what you want at the bar and take a seat.

Price includes a pudding!!:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
How about The Schoolrooms, Sunday Lunch is £8.95 and you can even visit our butchery whilst you are here to take some meat home from the very same animal you dine on!

I've not heard of this place, please would you let me know, where it is, opening times and a flavour of the menu? Thanks

Archived