Rebekah Brooks has quit

"Rebekah Brooks, chief executive of News International, has resigned, the company has confirmed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14166162

Pushed or shoved? or decided to go because it was the decent thing to do? who knows. I'm just wondering now have much more unraveling this has to go - could Murdoch himself be feeling a little uncomfortable?

She will be appointed to the board and become an employee elsewhwere in the group.And being the fall guy will be rewarded by a salary hike.People should cancel their SKY subscription but are too supine and addicted to PSFootball.

I suspect she was finally pushed. At the beginning of all this, she had the support of the Murdoch's. However, things have gone from bad to worse now and I reckon they are playing a very bad game of damage limitation and so are trying to distance themselves from any association with NOTW. I would assume that if she wanted to resign, she would have done it way before now :suspect:

The papers she was responsible for ran campaigns to hound people out of their jobs, e.g. Sharon Shoesmith. When the tables were turned it was a different rule for Brooks. But then again she presided over a working culture that seemed to hold that NI staff weren't subject to the same rules as anybody else.

I wonder if she will sign on! It is a terrible time to be unemployed and I feel sorry for her. Honest.

There's always plenty of work for intelligent sociopaths. She could probably blackmail her way into a job tomorrow!

Archived