Which Sunday paper should former NOTW readers buy?

There's an interesting article on the BBC website about which paper the 2.66 million readers of the NOTW will buy on Sundays from now on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14163877

Before the usual subjects start their usual sneering, the BBC article points out that far from being the sole preserve of thick working class people, the NOTW had more ABC1 (middle/upper class) readers than the Sunday Times and, more than the Sunday Telegraph, Observer and Independent on Sunday put together.

As a former NOTW reader myself, I can't see any of the other papers appealing. The Star is too down market and obsessed with trivia, the Mirror too left wing and the Mail and Express too dry and lacking in humour.

As for the broadsheets, well life's too short! They're generally twice the price of the tabloids, overloaded with unnecessary supplements full of advertising and the actual stuff you'd want to read is only about 10% of the paper.

I'd be interested to know what other NOTW readers willbe buying. Personally I think I'll wait till the rumoured Sunday edition of The Sun is announced.

Archived