Ladies: What gift would you rather have?

What gift would you rather have?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What gift would you rather have?

• Flowers
    • Chocolates
    • Something sparkly and expensive (if he's loaded)
    • Something sweet and romantic (if he's not)
    • Something hand made (the personal touch)
    • A surprise

I don't feel the need to receive gifts at all honestly (and I find receiving gifts rather embarrassing) but if I'm going to have a gift I'd much rather have something that has taken personal input and effort than have something that someone could just walk into a shop and point at with no thought at all.

If your GF would like the Japanese sweets, and you have bothered to bring them personally all the way from their source, then that's a great place to start.

If I ever happened to have a partner who had pots of money then I'd still prefer something personal. Anybody can walk into a shop, point at a pretty bit of jewellery and take it home, without the slightest thought about the recipient of the gift and whether the gift would be particularly wanted by them.

Something idiosyncratic and personal would suit me much more than something expensive and generic, although during the first Gulf War I was rather impressed when someone managed to get some flowers in Kuwait City, then get them flown home to RAF Cottesmore and then couriered up to me in Sheffield on Valentine's day.

My fella is always buying me "daft" little things, He doesnt smoke but i do , If he sees a fancy lighter in a shop he gets it for me, or he buys me magazines that i like, or clothes, I have been with him 14 yrs so he knows what i like to wear fortunately, The best thing he ever bought me was a tortoise and set up :), Id wanted one for ages. Dont ever buy underwear, I find it sleazy, Little and often suits me lol it proves your fella is thinking about you when your not together

My fella is always buying me "daft" little things, He doesnt smoke but i do , If he sees a fancy lighter in a shop he gets it for me, or he buys me magazines that i like, or clothes, I have been with him 14 yrs so he knows what i like to wear fortunately, The best thing he ever bought me was a tortoise and set up :), Id wanted one for ages. Dont ever buy underwear, I find it sleazy, Little and often suits me lol it proves your fella is thinking about you when your not together

My dad has never bought flowers or romantic stuff for my mum, but she says that a Crunchie brought back from when he's gone to fill the car up with petrol shows that he was thinking of her when he's going and doing his daily stuff, and I kind of agree (although I'd prefer strawberries to a Crunchie!).

I would be thrilled to get some japanese sweets! But then I like candy and am fascinated with all things foreign. I'm always touched when someone takes the time to think of me, even if it's something small.

On our twentieth anniversary, my husband gave me some nice things, but the one that meant the most was a framed photo of us taken when we were both about 18. We had both just graduated (different) high schools and it was the summer before college. We were just casually dating and if you had told me we'd someday end up married, I wouldn't have believed you! In fact, I was contemplating not going out with him again because I set my soda can on top of his car and he told me in a not so nice tone to move it. :D

I have no idea where he got it or who took the picture. God, we were young! And good looking, heh. Both our kids laugh at it and remark on their dad's long hair and how slender I used to be. :hihi:

Someone said Elvis could buy himself whatever his heart desired, so homemade or handmade gifts meant the most to him.

You have to wonder about the lingerie. Is this a gift for me or YOU?

Archived