Ladies: What gift would you rather have?

What gift would you rather have?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What gift would you rather have?

• Flowers
    • Chocolates
    • Something sparkly and expensive (if he's loaded)
    • Something sweet and romantic (if he's not)
    • Something hand made (the personal touch)
    • A surprise

I must be an unsung hero then.

I buy gifts every week, clothing,jewellery, theatre tickets tbh its second nature to me

I even went out @ 9pm last night on a 6 mile journey for ice cream!!

Although apparently i never usually buy them at the appropriate time.

• 1 month later...

During the beginning of our relationship nearly 3 years ago; me and my partner were watching a programme on lions, I commented that I would love to have a lion as a pet.

Since then it’s turned into a private joke where he's on the case trying to track me down a lion. Last week we had a city break in Leeds, when in the room I turn round to find he's put a stuffed toy lion on the bed!!

It’s only a small stuffed toy and I don’t know how much it cost but I was so happy with it, and it means so much :)

I think that this is a lovely gesture. Though, I have to be absolutely hands on heart that, I would have preferred chocolate or jewellery, or whatever girly items are better when I was younger. I would want all the above and more ! :hihi:

In a way, it is the "thought that counts", but it does depend on how long you have known each other and the occasion as well. If I dated someone for a very long time, I kind of hoped that they will know my taste. So, giving me flowers when I have hayfever is not really as appreciated say, than a meal together in our favourite restaurant, or to go back to a place where we both once had happy memories together ?

It is being thoughtful that count in the earlier dating days.

But as the years goes on, and you have a lot of history together, it is then a reminder of your love or understanding to each other.

If you had promised to buy her jewellery when you have become a manager, or whatever, then buy it. If you have promised each other a holiday when you reach 30, then do it. If she was down, or whatever, then something small like hand made items or card is a good reminder. It really depends on the occassion.

Archived