Car Insurance for a 36 year old

Have you tried elephant?

My husband Aged 27, 2 years no claims has been insured with the following:-

1st Year Post office

2nd Year Ibuyeco

current Co-operative

Let us know how you get on and good luck. Also have a look at using the cashback sites such as Quidco, I use it all the time and yes you really do get cash back!

i'm 30. shopped around for insurance and it was sky high (700-800) for 3rd party only.checked all comparison sites, tried direct calls.

But this company gave me a qoute of 570 and it for comprehensive!

car: laguna x reg 1.8 16V

hope it helps

They've never managed to beat any quote I've got from phoning around. You also expose yourself to a massive increase in spam and cold callers. Experiences may differ of course.

I never get any spam or cold calls, it's usually down to the little boxes that people forget to look for and tick.

Cheers - been on moneysupermarket and comparetheSuricatasuricatta

Trying Hastings now .... and it's over £800!

Blimey.

Our postcode ain't that bad!

Strange, it's obviously down to different circumstances, Hastings covered our Merc E class fully comp for £300 and Swinton our Rav4 for £200 (or £160 3rd party F&T) It's all points scoring these days.

Strange, it's obviously down to different circumstances, Hastings covered our Merc E class fully comp for £300 and Swinton our Rav4 for £200 (or £160 3rd party F&T) It's all points scoring these days.

That's what I don't get - I tick all the 'low risk' boxes:

oddles of no claims

cheap car

no points

no accidents of any sort. ever.

married

non-smoker

use of another car

in my mid thirties - old enough to know what I'm doing, young enough to be healthy and alert

I just don't get it!

we were looking for a small 2nd car but as our no claims are used on the 1.6 picaso they wanted nearly £500 as we would have to start from scratch, clean licence for me and a 6 points expired on my OH. in 50 years driving and 35 for me.

We have my 12 years no claims used on the commuting hack, so the Multipla is being insured with 7 years no claims. Our accident free periods are longer than that, but I didn't have my own insurance when I was young (we didn't have cars in my day!) and my OH had a period where she didn't own her own car as she shared with her then partner.

My grandad gave up his car because the insurance was working out at over a pound a mile for all the times he was actually driving - it gets even more expensive as you get older it seems (but then he is over 90, so he's got a few years on you yet!)

Still not beaten my renewal quote ... but I *always* beat the renewal quote. I have a bit more time yet though ...

Archived