Woman refused permission to breast feed

I saw a woman in a niqab breastfeeding in Meadowhall, sat on one of the benches on the upper level. I thought it was a bit of an odd concept at the time, hiding beneath a black barrier with just a pair of eyes and a boob on show, but her and the women she was with certainly had no issues with breastfeeding in public.

If you thought that was odd....

http://www.faithfreedom.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/half-naked-muslima1.jpg

This story has all the hallmarks of the kind like 'Muslim Bus driver wouldn't let my son on the bus wearing an England football shirt/Asian postmaster wouldn't let me post parcels to my son because he's a soldier in Afghanistan/Muslim women demanded screening of windows at public swimming pool/My wife was abducted by aliens'

All proved to be lies, although I'm not sure about the last one.

You forgot the one about a burqa wearing lady not being allowed on a bus.

I know its in the Mail but is it right that she was told to use the toilet in case it offended the muslims present?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014222/Breast-feeding-mother-told-leave-council-headquarters-offend-Muslim-visitors.html

I suspect this is not a case of any Muslim being offended, but the actions of somebody poorly advised.

But it could be argued this is what multiculturalism has done to this country. The leftist multiculturalistas, do-gooders if you prefer, have managed to get it drilled into enough people that no person of non-British culture is to be offended under any circumstances, even at the expense of common sense.

now THAT is a bare-faced lie which you should apologise for and I regard as a personal attack. I challenge you to find any example where I have ever said Muslims, as in all Muslims, are intolerant of other religions rather than a specific nation state whose citizens happen to be more or less 100% Muslim, i.e. Saudi Arabia, where it is undeniably true that it is the case that they are totally intolerant of any other religion and only a complete moron would attempt to claim otherwise.

Don't make me laugh. The implication of your very last post - stating that the man with the Muslim sounding name might have been a Christiian - was that you found it hard to believe a Muslim could have an enlightened view on breast feeding. If not, what was it you were trying to get at?

Your track record on the Forum of trying to demonise Muslims in an attempt to justify the actions of hardline Israeli Zionists speaks for itself. So don't bother with the faux outrage. If my post is so personal and outrageous, why don't you report it?

What I find offensive is, regardless of who's breastfeeding, is this notion that in order to placate the feint hearted sensitive souls, that women and their children should be ushered into a germ infested environment where people defecate.

What I find offensive is, regardless of who's breastfeeding, is this notion that in order to placate the feint hearted sensitive souls that women and their children should be ushered into a germ infested environment where people defecate.

I agree totally, perhaps the mums of Oldham should follow the lead of Slutwalks and turn up en-mass to the Citizens Advice Bereau (or other public buildings) to breast feed.

I seriously believe it never happened at all Closet Guy.

Oh i believe it could have happened and probably did but i think it was down to some receptionist who got a rush of blood and thought she was doing the world a favour by playing the old multicultural card. Whilst we are at it, why would anyone be banned from slaping out their norks and giving junior two of the best just because a building is a multicultural one is beyond me.

I wonder if it was non-Muslims that complained on 'behalf' of Muslims ? - just like they did with Christmas a few years ago ?

The Muslims couldn't give a hoot but certain PC-liberals thought it was for the best (and the former got the blame for all that)... :cool:

I have to agree.

Eugh:gag: i feel soiled:(

Don't make me laugh. The implication of your very last post - stating that the man with the Muslim sounding name might have been a Christiian - was that you found it hard to believe a Muslim could have an enlightened view on breast feeding. If not, what was it you were trying to get at?

Your track record on the Forum of trying to demonise Muslims in an attempt to justify the actions of hardline Israeli Zionists speaks for itself. So don't bother with the faux outrage. If my post is so personal and outrageous, why don't you report it?

bare faced lie. If you are so confident that I have some sort of 'track record' of 'demonizing' Muslims, then that means it shouldn't be difficult for you to find an example.

I challenge you to find one. Just one. And if you can't - which you won't, because there is no such example - then you should withdraw the allegation.

Pakistani Christians may have the same names as Pakistani Muslims, just as Arab Christians may have the same names as Arab Muslims. Somebody that jumps to the conclusion that just because somebody has a Pakistani name, then that means that they are also a Muslim, is making a lazy presumption - less of a presumption than they would be making if it was an Arab name, because there are proportionally far more Arab Christians than Pakistani Christians, but a presumption all the same.

I support Israel, but that doesn't mean that I am anti-Muslim. It's you that has the hatist attitude for making such a presumption yourself - without any evidence.

you're the one with the bigoted, hatist attitude, that jumps to such a conclusion.

Archived