Woman refused permission to breast feed

Oh i believe it could have happened and probably did but i think it was down to some receptionist who got a rush of blood and thought she was doing the world a favour by playing the old multicultural card. Whilst we are at it, why would anyone be banned from slaping out their norks and giving junior two of the best just because a building is a multicultural one is beyond me.

It's beyond me too, that's why it never happened ;)

I have to agree on this one, I have some strong views when comes to certain aspects of immigration, but I was shocked & surprised to see such a poor story even in the Mail, it is extremely misleading, there’s only one reference to Muslims and that’s the headline, there’s no evidence whatsoever that the incident was Muslim related or any other culture, it was a few prudish members of staff being over politically correct.

Many Muslim mums breastfeed in public as do other cultures, in every shopping centre they also have areas if mothers want privacy they can go to. But even me who’s been referred to as “suspected racists” by members of this forum have to admit this reporter has defiantly got it wrong. One other point to notice it says “council got it wrong then made a u turn” No they didn’t as “councillor Shoab Akhtar, of Oldham Council, said: ‘We fully support the right of mothers to breastfeed their children and actively encourage it due to the long-term health benefits it provides”. “Staff should make every reasonable effort to assist a mother’s need to breastfeed, whether she requests the use of a private room or otherwise”.

These quotes don’t say to me that the council are against breastfeeding whether it be on cultural grounds or not, it is the type of story that inflames opinion for the wrong reason, & deflates any genuine argument against important aspects of immigration in this country.

Its a difficult one though isn't it,I dont think just Muslims would be offended I'm sure there are plenty of others who wouldn't like to see it.

I'm a none muslim and find it hard to be in the same room as someone breast feeding.

Would you take your penis out and pee in a cup?

I know breast feeding is natural and that, but I would rather they did it in private.

I'm a none muslim and find it hard to be in the same room as someone breast feeding.

I know breast feeding is natural and that, but I would rather they did it in private.

Yes if it was natural to feed my child on urine.:roll:

I have to agree on this one, I have some strong views when comes to certain aspects of immigration, but I was shocked & surprised to see such a poor story even in the Mail, it is extremely misleading, there’s only one reference to Muslims and that’s the headline, there’s no evidence whatsoever that the incident was Muslim related or any other culture, it was a few prudish members of staff being over politically correct.

Many Muslim mums breastfeed in public as do other cultures, in every shopping centre they also have areas if mothers want privacy they can go to. But even me who’s been referred to as “suspected racists” by members of this forum have to admit this reporter has defiantly got it wrong. One other point to notice it says “council got it wrong then made a u turn” No they didn’t as “councillor Shoab Akhtar, of Oldham Council, said: ‘We fully support the right of mothers to breastfeed their children and actively encourage it due to the long-term health benefits it provides”. “Staff should make every reasonable effort to assist a mother’s need to breastfeed, whether she requests the use of a private room or otherwise”.

These quotes don’t say to me that the council are against breastfeeding whether it be on cultural grounds or not, it is the type of story that inflames opinion for the wrong reason, & deflates any genuine argument against important aspects of immigration in this country.

Very well said Arguendo. Your post has more resonance than most given your usual position on issues of this nature.

Then surely it's you that has the problem, not the mother whose breastfeeding a child, it's not like you’re walking on the beach abroad & everyone’s got them out. @ Your comments in bold, to be honest that is a very very poor comparison. And as someone else has said, breastfeeding is not a spectator sport, sitting there watching would worry me more, than the mother breastfeeding.

You have no need to take your penis out . It's clearly attached to your head.

You think a baby feeding is the equivalent of taking a leak? There's something wrong with that, not with breastfeeding.

Archived