Woman refused permission to breast feed

Very true Ff, I admit to being surprised in Morocco to see a mother breastfeeding her baby albeit discreetly in F'naa Square whilst eating her own dinner with her free hand-nobody batted an eyelid other than us Westerners!

I have a close muslim friend who does so discreetly. Breast is best :).I think a lot of these stories are made up tosh.

I'm a none muslim and find it hard to be in the same room as someone breast feeding.

Would you take your penis out and pee in a cup?

I know breast feeding is natural and that, but I would rather they did it in private.

What a ridiculous comparison.

Another pile of Daily Mail horse poo.

I'm in Indonesia. It's 86% Muslim. My old village was 100% Muslim. Guess what? The lasses often breast fed in public and no one batted an eyelid except maybe the odd 13 year old boy.

It's just part of life and everyone simply accepted it as such.

Have I read the story right?!...

Mrs Mitchell, who is married to Neil, 43, a lorry driver, said: ‘She then rang the manager who told me that I couldn’t breastfeed here and to go into the shopping centre’s public toilets instead.

then...

‘A member of the complaints department came down and spoke to the receptionist'

So the manager doesn't know the law, neither does the receptionist, and the complaints dept dealt with it?!

... and this all happened in the Citizens' Advice Bureau?

Either this story is made up, or it's one crap place to go for legal advice, or any basic advice really.

This isn't major legal complicated stuff...

Under UK law, mothers can breastfeed in public under the provision of goods, services and facilities section of the Sexual Discrimination Act, whatever the age of the baby, in places such as council buildings, cafes, restaurants, libraries and doctors’ surgeries.

Another pile of Daily Mail horse poo.

I'm in Indonesia. It's 86% Muslim. My old village was 100% Muslim. Guess what? The lasses often breast fed in public and no one batted an eyelid except maybe the odd 13 year old boy.It's just part of life and everyone simply accepted it as such.

So that means this could not have possibly happened in Oldham? :huh:

Most probably a case of someone trying to speak for others and having got things completely wrong.

I remember my father buying a cup of tea for a gypsy woman breastfeeding at a bus station whilst we were on holiday once. Must have been over 50 years ago but I still remember his act of kindness and understanding which was so opposite to the perceived offence of the action by the receptionist in the article.

So that means this could not have possibly happened in Oldham? :huh:

scuba..it didn't happen in Oldham or anywhere else for that matter, it's a woman with a grievous agenda.

It's funny how these stories often emanate from areas where the BNP are quite strong don't you think?

Remember the Stoke mum Samantha Farndon who lied about a bus driver refusing entry to her son because he was wearing an England football shirt? Or the desecration of Christian graves by mosque owners in Longsight, Manchester?

They caused moral outrage amongst the gobfrothers but by the time they were uncovered as lies the damage had already been done..so job done as far as the BNP are concerned.

I have a close muslim friend who does so discreetly. Breast is best :).I think a lot of these stories are made up tosh.

It's absolute made up tosh-if the woman was asked not to breastfeed in public it was a mistake, but the reason given wouldn't have been the one she described, after all, all the receptionist would have to say was that it was "offending people" (which of course it wouldn't be).

The 'multicultural' bit has been added by the complainant for maximum effect and the 'Muslim' bit added by the Daily Mail because that's what they do.

I wonder if the Daily Mail derives its news stories from the recycle bin of those The Star finds too ridiculous to cover :hihi:

scuba..it didn't happen in Oldham or anywhere else for that matter, it's a woman with a grievous agenda.

It's funny how these stories often emanate from areas where the BNP are quite strong don't you think?

Remember the Stoke mum Samantha Farndon who lied about a bus driver refusing entry to her son because he was wearing an England football shirt? Or the desecration of Christian graves by mosque owners in Longsight, Manchester?

They caused moral outrage amongst the gobfrothers but by the time they were uncovered as lies the damage had already been done..so job done as far as the BNP are concerned.

So now you're saying because she is white and from Oldham she must be BNP?

To me that is racist.

Archived