Ryan Air, I really, really don`t want to use them..

Are Ryan Air really so smart ?

We`re thinking of going to Morocco and, it must be admitted, their flight is the most convenient.

But I hate the way Ryan Air operate. These con fares they advertise which hardly anyone pays because of all the extras they add on. Isn`t it £6 per passenger per flight just to pay by card, which, if it`s a debit card, probably costs them about 20p for the total transaction ! In fact I hate Ryan Air so much I`m even thinking of flying with another carrier at a more inconvenient time just so I don`t have to use them. Possibly even not making the trip at all, after all there are loads of other places to go !

I wanted to ask Ryan Air a question about booking an extra seat. You can`t E Mail them, you have to phone them. Now that wouldn`t be a problem at all, but it`s an 0870 phone number, cheeky. However I bit the bullet and rang it, only to be told "average waiting time is 13 minutes" ! I couldn`t stomach it. Put the phone down, <REMOVED> them I thought.

But Ryan Air are successful, so possibly it`s us general public who are thick, not being able to see through all their little additions, and happy to be treated like cattle.

Ryan Air customer service, isn`t that a contradiction in terms ?

On a more constructive note, is it actually possible to phone Ryan Air and not wait 13 minutes ? If so what time does one do that ?

They're no different from any other Budget airline.

The price you pay is subject to taxes and so on, but that's true of all airlines. Just make sure you know the full price before you book, then compare it to the others.

The idea that they treat you like cattle is rubbish too - its exactly the same with any other airline too - you queue up, they check your tickets then you get on the plane.

I wouldn't go out of my way to use them, but I wouldn't turn them down either.

don't be tempted to buy refreshments on the plane. the prices are unbelievable! the priority boarding is a waste of time as well. i recently flew with ryanair and whilst in the departure lounge got talking to an elderly couple who'd paid £4 each for priority boarding. when we lined up on the tarmac to board they went first, 5 seconds later the rest of us got the nod to go. needless to say, by the time they reached the plane most people had overtaken the old dears.

We flew to Marrakesh with Ryanair a few years ago.

We would have flown back with them too, but they didn't bother turning up.

Eventually a member of airport staff phoned them. They had been running late so they stopped in Casablanca (which is en route to Marrakesh and not nearly as far), dumped their passengers there and flown back to Luton empty.

Everyone had to find alternative transport at their own cost.

To date, Ryan Air have refunded the return ticket price (but not the assorted other fees).

The law (EC261/2004) says they must also pay for our tickets on the alternative carrier, hotel and subsistence costs. They refuse to comply with the law. They have closed down their UK office so they can now only be sued in Ireland, so we've given it to euclaim.com to see if they can deal with it.

The law also says they must pay Euro 400 per ticket in compensation (to discourage companies from behaving like this). However Ryan Air claim they stopped short because of fog in Marrakesh. It was a beautiful clear day with no fog. However they do not have to pay the compensation in cases of extreme weather....

Yeah, I wouldn't subject myself to the tactics of that obnoxious company again.

Royal Air Maroc fly to Morrocco (of course). Or if you are feeling adventurous, get the ferry across from the south of Spain.

We flew to Marrakesh with Ryanair a few years ago.

We would have flown back with them too, but they didn't bother turning up.

Eventually a member of airport staff phoned them. They had been running late so they stopped in Casablanca (which is en route to Marrakesh and not nearly as far), dumped their passengers there and flown back to Luton empty.

Everyone had to find alternative transport at their own cost.

To date, Ryan Air have refunded the return ticket price (but not the assorted other fees).

The law (EC261/2004) says they must also pay for our tickets on the alternative carrier, hotel and subsistence costs. They refuse to comply with the law. They have closed down their UK office so they can now only be sued in Ireland, so we've given it to euclaim.com to see if they can deal with it.

The law also says they must pay Euro 400 per ticket in compensation (to discourage companies from behaving like this). However Ryan Air claim they stopped short because of fog in Marrakesh. It was a beautiful clear day with no fog. However they do not have to pay the compensation in cases of extreme weather....

Yeah, I wouldn't subject myself to the tactics of that obnoxious company again.

Royal Air Maroc fly to Morrocco (of course). Or if you are feeling adventurous, get the ferry across from the south of Spain.

that's crap - I've always gone pretty much on time without too much hassle.

that's crap - I've always gone pretty much on time without too much hassle.

It may not be crap - I have been left for hours before in a desolate Spainish airport with no desk staff around after checkin waiting for a Ryan Air flight that never came - They did come the day after though!!! They paid for nothing at all, no comp, nada! They think that they can get away with treating passengers badly, because so many let them... Not the first choice of airline for me, although it's warming to have heard of one person (yourself) who has never had issues with them... Thought everyone did of they flew with em more than once!

Archived