Ryan Air, I really, really don`t want to use them..

I've been on a RyanAir flight for 4 hours and I can say that I would never ever fly with them ever again!!!

No toilet roll in the loos and when I asked for some I got told they only have 4 per flight......? Plus it was full of chavs shouting at each other, drinking alcohol and very badly behaved kids running up and down the aisles. I'll pay that bit extra next time to never have to sit through that again!!!

Well, when it comes to getting our money, Ryan Air really aren`t as smart as they think they are. We`ve just booked with Thomson. I accept it was quite a bit more expensive, but it`s still cheaper than business class, which isn`t available on this route anyway. We`ve got the best seats on the plane, exit row seats with the additional advantage that the row in front can`t fully recline their seats, you know, straight in your face...... Don`t forget we`ll be on that plane about 4 hours and I`m 6ft with long legs !

The fact is we`d probably have booked Ryan Air had we been able to prebook specific exit row seats, which they`d have charged extra for, naturally, but we`d have been happier.

Well, when it comes to getting our money, Ryan Air really aren`t as smart as they think they are. We`ve just booked with Thomson. I accept it was quite a bit more expensive, but it`s still cheaper than business class, which isn`t available on this route anyway. We`ve got the best seats on the plane, exit row seats with the additional advantage that the row in front can`t fully recline their seats, you know, straight in your face...... Don`t forget we`ll be on that plane about 4 hours and I`m 6ft with long legs !

The fact is we`d probably have booked Ryan Air had we been able to prebook specific exit row seats, which they`d have charged extra for, naturally, but we`d have been happier.

Er, yeeeees. But somebody would have had to speak to you or an expensive computer system used to pre-book your seats then they would have to faff about getting everybody in their seats when on the plane which takes time and time is money to them, plus necessitates more staff.

You've paid more because you want that service with all the extra costs it requires. You are not Ryanair's target customer and you are not the person they want to get on their plane so I doubt they're bothered you've flown with someone else. For the 90% of people on the plane who don't really give a stuff where they sit grabbing a seat and paying far less money is much more important. As I'm sure Michael O'Leary would tell you if you want prebooked seats pay more and go elsewhere.

Er, yeeeees. But somebody would have had to speak to you or an expensive computer system used to pre-book your seats then they would have to faff about getting everybody in their seats when on the plane which takes time and time is money to them, plus necessitates more staff.

You've paid more because you want that service with all the extra costs it requires. You are not Ryanair's target customer and you are not the person they want to get on their plane so I doubt they're bothered you've flown with someone else. For the 90% of people on the plane who don't really give a stuff where they sit grabbing a seat and paying far less money is much more important. As I'm sure Michael O'Leary would tell you if you want prebooked seats pay more and go elsewhere.

I`m not entirely sure I`d agree with that, and the proof is that Ryan Air have a trial of pre booked seat as we speak. O`Learly wants as much money in as possible and if he can fill more seats at the same time as adding on yet another chargeable "extra", then he`ll do it. Anyway, I don`t agree with you that 90% of people don`t mind where they sit (it`s probably more like 10% don`t mind, if that), though I do accept that some mind more than others.

Archived