The BNP and foreign students

It will be interesting to see how Scotland copes with all the EU students that are now entitled to a free education that the British tax payer is funding.

English students are now the only EU students that cannot get a fee university education.

It will be interesting to see how Scotland copes with all the EU students that are now entitled to a free education that the British tax payer is funding.

English students are now the only EU students that cannot get a fee university education.

That's clearly an anomaly that is untenable, but this is how the Scottish constitution has been written up.

That's clearly an anomaly that is untenable, but this is how the Scottish constitution has been written up.

Under EU law Scotland and England can't charge EU students more for their educations than their own students pay, what I don't get is why English students don't appear have the same rights as every other EU country. The same law that allows a French student to a free education in Scotland should also apply to an English student.

I’m of the opinion that we either leave the EU or give all EU members the same rights; there should be no benefits than a Latvian can get coming here that we can’t get going there.

I hear that up to a quarter of foreign students overstay their visa,maybe this is why we have such high numbers of illegals in the country?

I hear that up to a quarter of BNP members are paedophiles, but I don't give any credibility to hearsay.

Yes your right so I checked the figures from your kind of paper the Guardian and its 1 in 5.;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/06/immigration-overseas-students-overstay-visas

You do realise that the link doesn't back up your claim that there may be a link between student visas and illegal immigrants.

Under EU law Scotland and England can't charge EU students more for their educations than their own students pay, what I don't get is why English students don't appear have the same rights as every other EU country. The same law that allows a French student to a free education in Scotland should also apply to an English student.

I’m of the opinion that we either leave the EU or give all EU members the same rights; there should be no benefits than a Latvian can get coming here that we can’t get going there.

I agree, but you seem to suggest it's only one way traffic.

I bet there are anomalies that exist in German, French, Italian and Spanish finances etc that other EU citizens take advantage of, but obviously we're not in a position to hear them complaining about it. I have elderly friends who live in France and they wax lyrical about the French healthcare system, and the services available to them compared to the UK- I know it's anecdotal but is food for thought nonetheless.

I agree, but you seem to suggest it's only one way traffic.

I bet there are anomalies that exist in German, French, Italian and Spanish finances etc that other EU citizens take advantage of, but obviously we're not in a position to hear them complaining about it. I have elderly friends who live in France and they wax lyrical about the French healthcare system, and the services available to them compared to the UK- I know it's anecdotal but is food for thought nonetheless.

I'm not suggesting that although it is probably one way for some of the newer members.

Yes your right so I checked the figures from your kind of paper the Guardian and its 1 in 5.;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/06/immigration-overseas-students-overstay-visas

My kind of paper? I'm not a Guardian reader nightflight, it's not ballsy enough for me. I prefer the Daily Mail..it gives me a reason for living :hihi:

Ps: You should read the final paragraph of your link ;)

Archived