Parental advice

One of my friends lives with her partner and they have let his son move in(the son is 17) hes been living with my friend and her partner for just over a year. The thing is though not a bad lad, he doesnt go anywhere only his grand parents out of town so hes taken there by car.

he doesnt have any friends,and just goes on the computer all the time except when hes forced out of his room.

Now my friend has a fear of fire after losing a friend as a child in a house fire,and hates things being left on,etc when leaving the house but this lad repeatedly leaves things plugged in and switched on, inc lap top still on charge whilst left on the bed.. my friend went to his room and found this and went ballistic. he does it all the time and all he says is hes forgot.

plus he wont wash or shower unless hes nagged, never washes his hands before eating and wont brush his teeth untill told off.......is this normal for a 17 years old?

my friend asked me what i thought.....esp as her partner wont chastise the boy by threateninng to take lap top from him etc etc until he gets his act together. her partner just tells him repeatedly and says his son will learn eventully....what do you all think?

Sounds like a typical 17 year old to me. When he "discovers" the female form his washing habits will change, as sure as eggs are eggs.

Regards

Angel.

ive just phoned her and told her your comment....shes gonna join in him onto a romance web site lolol joking!!! she says she prays youre right as its affecting her and her partners relationship too.

Hes definately not depressed, he does nt go out with friends because he doesnt have any...hes lazy, and no repsect for his elders is my opinion.But then again my friend says hes not a bad lad, doesnt swear,drink or smoke,never back chats or anything like that...

Another thing im told is he wont eat normal everyday food...only eats bacon, burgers, chips and spag bol that either is uncle or gran makes cos they put wine in it????? lol my friend has cooked him alsorts and hes not eaten it...so she gave up and says he eats what she makes or he goes without...tho to keep peace she does make him chips more than she wants too.. she worries about his well being because of his diet but thats got her nowhere either..

Hes definately not depressed, he does nt go out with friends because he doesnt have any...hes lazy, and no repsect for his elders is my opinion.But then again my friend says hes not a bad lad, doesnt swear,drink or smoke,never back chats or anything like that...

Another thing im told is he wont eat normal everyday food...only eats bacon, burgers, chips and spag bol that either is uncle or gran makes cos they put wine in it????? lol my friend has cooked him alsorts and hes not eaten it...so she gave up and says he eats what she makes or he goes without...tho to keep peace she does make him chips more than she wants too.. she worries about his well being because of his diet but thats got her nowhere either..

I think you just dont like him.

This all seems really personal to me.

And before you ask me to explain, i already have...

Hes definately not depressed, he does nt go out with friends because he doesnt have any...

All my friends deserted me when i was depressed.

hes lazy,

Lots and lots of teens are lazy.

Its part of being a teen.

and no repsect for his elders is my opinion.

But then you say....

never back chats or anything like that...

:suspect::suspect:

But then again my friend says hes not a bad lad, doesnt swear,drink or smoke,never back chats or anything like that...

Another thing im told is he wont eat normal everyday food...only eats bacon, burgers, chips and spag bol that either is uncle or gran makes cos they put wine in it?????

A picky teenager.

Wow, stop the presses:roll:.

I could go on but im bored now.

Im going to have another drink.

Leave the lad alone!!!

sounds like a typical 17 yr old to me,i have one just the same.im sure he will grow out of it..there is no quick solution to this.pressuring the lad will only make things worse.a few more years on his back and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Archived