Cameron knackered

Not many people realise it yet but he is finished. Gone within a year. He can't lead his party when he compromised by being so closely associated with News Corp, criminal investigations into which will run for years.

He will be pushed out by the LibDems who will then argue they fought to preserve the integrity of the office of prime minister.

Guest sibon
The Lib Dems appear to be the only party not compromised by this scandal.

Which says a lot about the relative insignificance of the Lib Dems in UK politics.

Mr. Nick Clegg could easily be the Prime Minister by next year

I fully expect him to cross the floor and join the Tories at some point, but not yet, surely.

Which says a lot about the relative insignificance of the Lib Dems in UK politics.

I fully expect him to cross the floor and join the Tories at some point, but not yet, surely.

I agree with your reason for their non involvement and when Vince Cable expressed his opinions he was slated in the press after 2 journalists used underhand means to discredit him.

Now they are a part of government and so more influential, since Mr. Clegg is deputy Prime Minister it should follow that he will succeed Mr. Cameron if he steps down.

The Lib Dems appear to be the only party not compromised by this scandal.

Mr. Nick Clegg could easily be the Prime Minister by next year

There are enough dyed in the wool Tories who hate his guts to prevent Clegg becoming PM

since Mr. Clegg is deputy Prime Minister it should follow that he will succeed Mr. Cameron if he steps down.

Just what we need, the "Sell Out Kid" running the country.

I'm now actually hoping macaroon will weather the storm.

Archived