Cameron knackered

But lets not forget that the whole population is mired in corruption and dishonorable behavior in somewhat various degrees,politicians are no different ...............not much will change!

Thats not my experience at all. I suggest you find better company

But lets not forget that the whole population is mired in corruption and dishonorable behavior in somewhat various degrees,politicians are no different ...............not much will change!

I don't think this applies to the whole population at all, but I do believe that it is a lot easier for people to rise to a high level in our political system if they are grubby corruptible types and by the same token I believe it would be virtually impossible for a decent and trustworthy person to compete in that arena.

So,...Yates has gone...who is going to be the next domino?

Is it Boris or is it Dave.:o

Lets hope its Dave. He only gained the highest share of the vote due to a Gordon Brown hate campaign instigated by the right wing press. And even then had to be propped up by the LibDems. He has to go.

We'll keep Boris though. He's always good for a laugh.

Yes, it's OK for a Labour PM to send countless folk to their deaths on a proven lie, whilst planning his post office business plans. However, if a Conservative PM makes a questionable appointment he should be hung out to dry, sound logic there my left of Lenin little sparring partner.

Awaits deletion. ;)

Howdo Gramps, what are you wittling on about wrt 'deletion'?, I told you after you sent me that stupid PM, that I had not reported you on the thread you are babbling on about (though, making reference to David Blunketts' blindness was tastless, even for a Tory). If you are still in doubt, why not ask the mods?:)

As you know, News International support whoever is most likely to win the next election. It makes them appear more powerful than they really are.

As for the political dimension of the hacking, it was Cameron who decided to employ Coulson, despite some very clear warning signs. The political involvement in all of this doesn't appear to go much beyond that.

The excellent thing that appears to be coming out of all of this is the fact that Parliament appears to developing some cojones. They've faced Murdoch down and now appear to be taking on the Police hierachy. They are in danger of behaving like an executive.

I wonder if from now on given the hacking & corruption exposed, whether the support of Murdoch will be regarded by politicians as toxic?

I agree with the last point you made that parliament's response to the scandal has been gratifying. It's just a pity it took this chain of events for them to assert their authority, and stopped grovelling before News International. However now that they have found some balls, let's see them take on the sanctimonious Daily Mail.

Howdo Gramps, what are you wittling on about wrt 'deletion'?, I told you after you sent me that stupid PM, that I had not reported you on the thread you are babbling on about (though, making reference to David Blunketts' blindness was tastless, even for a Tory). If you are still in doubt, why not ask the mods?:)

Sent you a PM! And verbally attacked a blind man! And they wonder why they are known as Nasty. Another one under the influence of the Daily (hate) Mail.

I wonder if from now on given the hacking & corruption exposed, whether the support of Murdoch will be regarded by politicians as toxic?

Could be. Let's hope they throw their support behind Labour then.

In all seriousness, NI publications will probably refrain from formally declaring support for any party.

I agree with the last point you made that parliament's response to the scandal has been gratifying. It's just a pity it took this chain of events for them to assert their authority, and stopped grovelling before News International. However now that they have found some balls, let's see them take on the sanctimonious Daily Mail.

Do you object to a free press? Whether you disagree with what the DM prints or not, unless they have been acting illegally as NotW did, MPs need not go meddling.

Lets hope its Dave. He only gained the highest share of the vote due to a Gordon Brown hate campaign instigated by the right wing press. And even then had to be propped up by the LibDems. He has to go.

We'll keep Boris though. He's always good for a laugh.

Cameron's odds of being the next cabinet member to go slashed from 100/1 to 12/1 in the last week. Stan James has been offering 7/1 against Cameron lasting the year. http://www1.politicalbetting.com/

Boris 4/1 favourite to be next Conservative leader. He's not even an MP :hihi: although there may be a seat in Oxfordshire becoming free quite soon.

Archived