Cameron knackered

Guest sibon
Didn't all this hacking occur when Labour were in power?..Didn't News International support Labour at that time?

As you know, News International support whoever is most likely to win the next election. It makes them appear more powerful than they really are.

As for the political dimension of the hacking, it was Cameron who decided to employ Coulson, despite some very clear warning signs. The political involvement in all of this doesn't appear to go much beyond that.

The excellent thing that appears to be coming out of all of this is the fact that Parliament appears to developing some cojones. They've faced Murdoch down and now appear to be taking on the Police hierachy. They are in danger of behaving like an executive.

The excellent thing that appears to be coming out of all of this is the fact that Parliament appears to developing some cojones. They've faced Murdoch down and now appear to be taking on the Police hierachy. They are in danger of behaving like an executive.

Or of course it might just be spite that they aren't allowed to claim expenses for duck houses and moats anymore.

When thieves fall out....

Guest sibon
Or of course it might just be spite that they aren't allowed to claim expenses for duck houses and moats anymore.

When thieves fall out....

In which case, they should be aiming their fire at the Barclay brothers.

I think they have finally figured out who is really in charge.

That'll be us, then:D

Not really. Parliamentarians are unedifyingly gleeful at the opportunity to get their own back. In doing so they are missing the point by a country mile.

The top and bottom of it is that most folk think that the gutter press stink. The low-level culture that has been been allowed to pervade our ordinary lives - from Jordan to Guido - isn't what most of us want and Will Self is plain wrong.

Despite this it is served up with no real alternative by a media and political class who are too lazy to work hard for citizens who deserve and want more.

The real cause is stark and they know it; never underestimate peoples apathy.

In which case, they should be aiming their fire at the Barclay brothers.

I think they have finally figured out who is really in charge.

That'll be us, then:D

The scary thing is who thought they were in charge - the Murdochs and the people that did their bidding.

Was reading today that Ed Miliband was due to give an interview immediately after the Millie Dowler story broke. NI executives were desperately contacting his team to try and influence what he would say. He responded by saying he would say what he thought. In the interview he called for Brooks to resign. Immediately afterwards he was contacted by NI representatives to be told that as he had made it personal NI were going to make it personal against him. The threat on the face of it delivered to the leader of the opposition by aides of a close personal friend of the PM.

Didn't all this hacking occur when Labour were in power?..Didn't News International support Labour at that time?

That is precisely what makes it doubly sinister. The fact that whatever party has been in power during the last three decades, Murdoch has been close to the centre of where policy making is taking place.

The New Labour (Tories Light) planners courted Murdoch in much the same way they copied evrything that the Tories did which they saw as being successful. But it was the Tories who set the system up, and Cameron tried to take it further than ever before, so it is only right that they should get the lions share of the political fallout,

That is precisely what makes it doubly sinister. The fact that whatever party has been in power during the last three decades, Murdoch has been close to the centre of where policy making is taking place.

The New Labour (Tories Light) planners courted Murdoch in much the same way they copied evrything that the Tories did which they saw as being successful. But it was the Tories who set the system up, and Cameron tried to take it further than ever before, so it is only right that they should get the lions share of the political fallout,

It's obvious that all parties will be affected by the fallout from this.

If Clegg or Miliband have any skeletons in the closet they are knackered too - after all they have tried to claim the moral high ground over this. It's not clear yet that either of them genuinely have the right to do so.

Im not trying to change the subject, you said " but that story was published in the tory boreygraph, so they would say that. "

So all im asking is just because it was published in the Telegraph that doesn't automactically make it untrue. The 2 questions still remain, did the Police want to arrest Blair and was he questioned by the Police anyway.

And Mecky a bit of grown up advice for you, you really do need to cut out the name calling, it only makes you come across as a childish 10 years old.

You have tried to water the situation down, end of.

Your bold. Yeah thanks for that Mr "I'm Sure," Tory Bullyboy. I'm pretty sure that people like yourself have preconformed ideas of whom and what I am regardless of if I call people names; I just didn't want to disappoint you. I just searched through your posts, maybe you should practice what you preach, what comes around goes around, afterall.

Archived