Credit Expert rip off!

Has anyone else had an encounter with Credit Expert?

I joined them in December to take advantage of a £20 cash back offer.

I then tried to log on to cancel my account and their site would not accept my log in details.

Since then they have continued to take a fee from my account every month. I have emailed them to cancel my account but because it is in there terms and conditions that I have to call them to close my account they are refusing to refund my fees!

It's only 5p per minute to call them but why should I pay to resolve a problem caused by them?

My account is now closed and my bank have refunded my fees for me. I am currently taking my complaint to the Ombudsman.

Anyone had problems with these scammers?

I've used them but not had any problems.

Yes, they are quite picky with regards to log in details. But with good reason - if someone got hold of this information there's a lot of data there to cause you major fraud.

When you cancel you are kept on the phone about 20 minutes, but it does state that you must telephone to cancel your account, you can't do it online.

My account is now closed and my bank have refunded my fees for me. I am currently taking my complaint to the Ombudsman.

If you haven't even tried to resolve the problem, i.e. phoning the company, then I'm doubtful the Ombudsman will be too interested.

I've used them but not had any problems.

Yes, they are quite picky with regards to log in details. But with good reason - if someone got hold of this information there's a lot of data there to cause you major fraud.

When you cancel you are kept on the phone about 20 minutes, but it does state that you must telephone to cancel your account, you can't do it online.

It's a scam, nothing else to it.

Why would anyone want to pay £7.99 a month to have access to their credit rating?

And, why should people have to call them, paying 5p a minute to resolve a problem that is their fault in the first place!?

As soonas I told my bank what had happened they saidthat they get this same complaint about credit expert all the time.

There is no reason to make people call them to cancel their accounts other than to try and convince them to not cancel.

Scammers, stay away!!

Why would anyone want to pay £7.99 a month to have access to their credit rating?

And, why should people have to call them, paying 5p a minute to resolve a problem that is their fault in the first place!?

As soonas I told my bank what had happened they saidthat they get this same complaint about credit expert all the time.

There is no reason to make people call them to cancel their accounts other than to try and convince them to not cancel.

Scammers, stay away!!

In all fairness, they do send you out password and pin info to your house via mail, which you are meant to keep safe in case you ever did need to log in. If you still have that letter and you haven't changed your log ins, then surely you can complain to them that they have denied you access to the online account?

I was with them, but when I cancelled before the payments came out, I simply logged in using the info they had mailed out to me.

Do you not have to call them to answer security questions? As surely anybody could access the account otherwise?

Anyone had problems with these scammers?

And your bank will no doubt, have charged them an extortionate amusingly large fee for each refund.

(Been there, done that. - I was upset about the over-charge, but the bank fees [the fees they debited the people who had tried to rip me off] were really impressive..)

Don't get mad ... get even.

If you haven't even tried to resolve the problem, i.e. phoning the company, then I'm doubtful the Ombudsman will be too interested.

I emailed them and told them that their lon in page would not accept my memorable name. I was typing in the correct name by the way, my sons name. It was an error at their end!

The Ombudsman have already taken my complaint on. It seems that credit expert have a bit of a reputation!

Scammers, stay away!!

seeing as you started this thread cant you answer this for yourself (my bold ):hihi::hihi::hihi:

When you cancel you are kept on the phone about 20 minutes, but it does state that you must telephone to cancel your account

That could possibly qualify for unfair terms & conditions.

you can't do it online.

Do you sign up online?

Archived