Credit Expert rip off!

If you haven't even tried to resolve the problem, i.e. phoning the company, then I'm doubtful the Ombudsman will be too interested.

seeing as you started this thread cant you answer this for yourself (my bold ):hihi::hihi::hihi:

Read my opening post and you'll see why I joined them!

It's a scam, nothing else to it.

Why would anyone want to pay £7.99 a month to have access to their credit rating?

It's not a scam. It's overpriced, plays on fear and has very precise T&Cs in the contract you take out.

The other issue with this kind of service is that there are two other credit reference agencies - equifax, experian and call credit are the three - and to get a complete picture of your credit record you really need to see reports from all of them. To have the same kind of service as credit expert for all three agencies will set you back £200+ a year.

The best thing to do is to make a statutory request for your report from each agency, say every quarter. That will cost you £2 per report request - £24 for the year to access your records from all three agencies on a regular basis.

The fact that these companies exist is worrying enough - syptomatic of a society that worships money, where an individual who has fallen from grace is banished from the alter of credit.

But what is possibly worse, and drowning in irony (or hypocrisy - you choose), is when they purport to be protecting you from being swindled, whilst at the same time using dubious tactics to try and extract as much money from you as possible.

I had problems with them.

First of all they charged me when it was spose to be free for 30 days, then when I forgot one of the 2 passwords you use, i couldn't get in to cancel the direct debits, so in the end I cancelled my card and got a new one just to stop the payments.

So your too tight to pay 5p a minute in order to cancel something thats £7.99 a month??

thats whats called a no brainer in my book- just ring them and get it cancelled and stop being tight. Yes you shouldn't HAVE to pay but it will cost u less than paying month after month and if you really want to complain then go get your 5p per minute back from them.

Archived