Credit Expert rip off!

So your too tight to pay 5p a minute in order to cancel something thats £7.99 a month??

thats whats called a no brainer in my book- just ring them and get it cancelled and stop being tight. Yes you shouldn't HAVE to pay but it will cost u less than paying month after month and if you really want to complain then go get your 5p per minute back from them.

It's got sod all to do with being tight. £7.99 a month is nothing to me. However, I do not accept being ripped off for a single penny by anyone!

They advertised £20 cashback for signing up, I didn't get this either! Then when I tried to log on the site would not accept my details, which I'm 100% sure were correct. They would not resolve anything via email and expected me to call them to sort it out!

I know it's only 5p a min but 5p a min adds up when they have 1'000's of calls a day from suckers like me!

I find it amusing how the OP only did it to wangle £20 out of them but it cost more than £20 in hassle!

You find it amusing that a company can con a member of the public so easily?

I think I've cost their admin teams more than the £20 I signed up to get!

It's ironic, I have a good credit history (I don't need to pay £7.99 a month to know that) but now that I've joined a credit reference agency I have a notice of correction on my file!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ermmm....

If you would still like to cancel your Credit Expert membership you can do so by contacting our team on free phone 0800 561 0083. (Mon-Fri 9am–6pm, Sat 9am–1pm, Sun closed.)

Sure but what possible reason do you have for not wanting to spend 0p a minutes on a call...0800 numbers ARE still free aren't they? Or were you too simple to have considered finding their FAQ page and typing in "cancel".

Sure but what possible reason do you have for not wanting to spend 0p a minutes on a call...0800 numbers ARE still free aren't they? Or were you too simple to have considered finding their FAQ page and typing in "cancel".

Ermm........

This is a copy of there email to me:

If you require further information on this, please call us on 0844 481 0800*

Our lines are open Monday-Friday 8am until 7pm and Saturday 8am until 4pm.

* Calls cost 5p per minute from a BT landline; calls from other networks may vary and include a connection fee. Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.

If you can see, with your eyes, it says calls cost 5p per min.

Their website didn't recognise my information, they wouldn't help me regarding this issue vis email so they asked me to phone them. When I told them I didn't want to phone them they told me I had to call to cancel which I wasn't going to do. I made my application on line so therefore I can cancel online!

Don't try and patronise me you sarcastic ******

You made an application online and agreed to their T&C's online which stipulates that you have to call to cancel. Therefore you cannot cancel online.

It's their terms not yours. Their database. Their website.

You tick that box agreeing that you are happy with this if they show you what banks perceive you as.

Alternatively you can accept that they have this power over us and learn to play their system.

There's no rip-off. See what there is for free then call to cancx. If you are smart you know the way to see it for free every time to fancy it. Only idiots let it go over the 30 days and get charged...and you know you will never see it refunded if you never even bothered calling.

That website has a hole in it the size of the moon...it can be tricked into a freebie every time. Suckah!

Ermm........

This is a copy of there email to me:

If you require further information on this, please call us on 0844 481 0800*

Our lines are open Monday-Friday 8am until 7pm and Saturday 8am until 4pm.

* Calls cost 5p per minute from a BT landline; calls from other networks may vary and include a connection fee. Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.

If you can see, with your eyes, it says calls cost 5p per min.

Their website didn't recognise my information, they wouldn't help me regarding this issue vis email so they asked me to phone them. When I told them I didn't want to phone them they told me I had to call to cancel which I wasn't going to do. I made my application on line so therefore I can cancel online!

Don't try and patronise me you sarcastic ******

2 seconds on google would have got you this information as well

Credit Expert 0844 481 0800 0800 5610083 For cancelling your subscription & membership

I'd say a good 90% of people who called CredEx when I worked there didn't follow the instructions to set their report up properly, then act all hostile when told that just putting one address going back a year is not going to generate them a 6 year credit history, and then when you offer to put it on suddenly protest that they don't want to put old addresses in just in case "somebody living there now makes my score go down" and that "it's not relavent as I don't live there now" :hihi:

So they go to the site trying to find their info, then act blase when told they haven't seen any more than a fraction of it. "I'm happy with what I've seen" ...yup the lenders are happy they saw your defaulted accounts too...shame you didn't see them....

Oh and "I've got a 999 SCORE SO IT DOESN'T MATTER"....yup it's 999 because you didn't set it up right to show your 5h1t credit history...still you go on kidding yourself...who wants their day spoiling by being told the've really got a score of 300?

They generally then say that they don't want to take credit (funny given the 5 applications made the previous week which has caned their score).

Assuming their database hadn't been compromised, it would have recognised the data that you used when you registered. Most likely is that you made an error when registering. They don't suddenly "change".

He probably spelled his name wrong...doesn't seem the brightest of sparks...

I'd say a good 90% of people who called CredEx when I worked there didn't follow the instructions to set their report up properly, then act all hostile when told that just putting one address going back a year is not going to generate them a 6 year credit history, and then when you offer to put it on suddenly protest that they don't want to put old addresses in just in case "somebody living there now makes my score go down" and that "it's not relavent as I don't live there now" :hihi:

So they go to the site trying to find their info, then act blase when told they haven't seen any more than a fraction of it. "I'm happy with what I've seen" ...yup the lenders are happy they saw your defaulted accounts too...shame you didn't see them....

Oh and "I've got a 999 SCORE SO IT DOESN'T MATTER"....yup it's 999 because you didn't set it up right to show your 5h1t credit history...still you go on kidding yourself...who wants their day spoiling by being told the've really got a score of 300?

They generally then say that they don't want to take credit (funny given the 5 applications made the previous week which has caned their score).

He probably spelled his name wrong...doesn't seem the brightest of sparks...

I'm not the brightest of sparks?? You are the one working for credit expert!! Ha ha ha!!! What a joker!!

Anyway, just to let you know, Credit Expert are in the wrong here!

I took my complaint to the Ombudsman and they supported me every step of the way! Credit Expert messed up my original online application (this is why I never received my free £20).

I've now had all my money refunded and the £20 I should have received as a free gift! Bonus!

What a bunch of con men! Stay away is my advice! Plus £7.99 a month is an absolute rip off just to have access to your credit report!

• 1 year later...

This Company is a RIPP OFF!!! Stay away!!!

Changing your credit card won't help. I signed up with them in February 2012 and my credit card had expired in the same month. I kept getting emails from them saying if I won't update my credit card they will cancel my account. I have just discovered that they are allowed to obtain my credit card details from Visa and charge me as per they stupid contract!

Why were they saying that they don't have my credit card details if they have them?!

Assho***!!!

Bank of Scotland is refusing to open a credit card dispute as well!!!

Archived