Rebekah Brooks arrested

The fat cat politicians won't lose their pensions but the police officers will.

good, a rozzer who sells confidential info shouldn't be on a pension - more likely the guilty ones will 'retire on medical grounds' and we will pay them indefinately

no no the charges are clear -

paying a public official (bribery)

incitement to commit

conspiracy to commit

perverting the course of justice (and conspiracy thereof) - james digger is in deep water there too.

etc

I can't see her walking out with a charge sheet today, she'll be bailed I guess, but, as you say, she's silenced for now and perhaps people will forget about soon it and they can ride it all out in luxury.

My non news savvy workmate mixed murdoch up with julian assange, so keeping stum might just pay off.

I'm not so sure.

She admitted that 'We'(NotW) had bribed policemen. Was that an admission by a senior executive of News Crop (who might manage to distance herself from 'we'') or was it an admission by the person running NoTW at that time; the person who could be held accountable?

Both 'incitement' and 'conspiracy' are serious charges, but the burden of proof is very high. I'm a cynic. I've no doubt she has access to some very highly-paid and very competent legal advice and I've also no doubt that she has spoken to those people.

Her arrest - at this time - may well turn out to be serendipitous for many others.

Arrested. Released on bail or held in custody? (presumably if the police want to hold her they must bring her before a magistrate on Monday morning.)

How long will the be able to hold her before she is charged formally? The HOL has rejected the EU court's ruling on the duration of Police Bail, but this isn't a good time to drag that up.

I suppose it would give the newspapers something to write about.

I smell Unicorn s***. perhaps there's a media circus coming to a town near you.

Rebekah Brooks is a real sexy woman.

There is a lot of comment about her appearance, mainly from people saying what a minger she is and having a go at her red hair.

Strange how nobody does that re the blokes involved: Andy Coulson - speccy gimp, Rupert Murdoch - shriveled prune etc etc

She really should be judged on her actions not her looks.

There is a lot of comment about her appearance, mainly from people saying what a minger she is and having a go at her red hair.

Strange how nobody does that re the blokes involved: Andy Coulson - speccy gimp, Rupert Murdoch - shriveled prune etc etc

She really should be judged on her actions not her looks.

I think she may prefer people judge her on her looks rather than her actions;).

good, a rozzer who sells confidential info shouldn't be on a pension - more likely the guilty ones will 'retire on medical grounds' and we will pay them indefinately

I see where the Metro Police Commissioner resigned too.

I see where the Metro Police Commissioner resigned too.

absolutely, 'knacker of the yard' stephenson has walked the plank - why?, is it cos he took thousands of pounds worth of hospitality from a hotel with a news inter'l link, is it because the level of collusion/bribery that his force has been involved in is about to blow, did boris/cameron/? tell him to? how much dosh does he trouser on his walk out -

this is becoming the biggest political scandal since profumo, it makes MPs with little diddles going on and duck houses in the moat look like like 'in the night garden' - it's become hard to even guess, never mind predict what happens next - cameron shoots himself (fingers crossed), the queen abdicates, cherl cole retires from public life? What?

my guess, john yates is next and then the establishment decides nuff is nuff and starts to crack down hard - Nick Davies and the others at the Guardian, whoever the yanks are at the NY Times, I salute you - it's almost as if a real type of democracy has been established.

Archived