Bosch dishwasher problem?

We bought a Bosch dishwasher 7/8 years ago, its never let us down, we've put it on and gone out and to bed etc..

We've received a letter last week telling us they're sending an engineer out to have a look at it...(free of charge, out of the goodness of their heart i was told) as it could set on fire due to this batch having a problem..:wow:

After all this time now they tell us, and we've always bought Bosch as they are supposed to be the creme de la creme of electrical items...

Why so long i asked, the young man said he didnt know...for gawwds sake...:rolleyes:

Anyone else had this problem...:)

Were you aware that your 4-yr old toaster, your 2-yr old TV, your 6-month old computer, your 2 yr-old tumble dryer, your-6 month old vacuum cleaner, your 7-month old microwave and your 4-year old washing machine (to name but a few) could also catch fire and burn your house down?

Perhaps you should write to all the manufacturers of all your appliances and arrange with them to send out an engineer to check out the products? (At your cost if the product is out of warranty.)

They have major issues with fridge/freezers but not heard about dishwashers - there's an email address on Bosch website (or a freephone number) that you can send your details to - you'll need serial number but would think if the letter looks genuine you shouldn't use it until it's been checked:D

Bosch are an ace product. Cookers, car parts and your washer. You may be the 1 in 100 with a slightly less than par appliance. Dont worry other product are designed to self destruct after 5 years. Built in Obsolescence pal, its a consumer thing.

Important Safety Notice - Potential Fire Hazard

http://www.repairaction.co.uk/

Yes i saw this, its a bit alarming when you read it, its not wear and tear its a fault during manufacture,

I was wondering why it wasnt found before now thats all...:)

BTW, to the OP, im not his "pal" im a 63 yr old disabled woman that gets a bit concerned over these kind of things....:)

They have major issues with fridge/freezers but not heard about dishwashers - there's an email address on Bosch website (or a freephone number) that you can send your details to - you'll need serial number but would think if the letter looks genuine you shouldn't use it until it's been checked:D

Thanks for that, yes ive sent the serial number and the letter looks genuine enough, someones supposed to be coming to look at it this week..

We were told not to use it and leave it...bit scary as im on my own a lot..:(

As you have been using it for the last 7 years with no problems I wouldn't panic too much that its going to set on fire just because they have sent you a letter telling you it may do! They are just covering their backs as any company would, obviously an incident has occurred.

Why are you worrying because you are on your own a lot?

My washer, freezer and dryer are all in the garage, the dishwasher in the kitchen, but I never run it unless I am in the house. I wouldn't, for instance, put it on before going to bed or going out. Just as a safety precaution, as somebody I worked with, had a washer catch fire when she was out. Luckily for her, she came home just in time.

Archived