Met Police Commissioner resigns over hacking scandal

I can 't recall a time when the U.K. has seemed more morally, politically, culturally, educationally, socially and economically bankrupt-------and all at the same time !

I've a suspicion it t'was ever thus Fareast, it's just us plebs wouldn't have known about it, the circle of power & influence was once a tight one, now it's under constant scrutiny and the means of exposing them is open to everyone.

I've a suspicion it t'was ever thus Fareast, it's just us plebs wouldn't have known about it, the circle of power & influence was once a tight one, now it's under constant scrutiny and the means of exposing them is open to everyone.
I think you've more or less proved Fareast's point for him about being shouted down by people determined to maintain that everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds! Younger people seem unable to accept that at one time, everyday life in the UK was so much pleasanter, easier and less stressful than it is today, for everyone.

I fully agree with what he says. The country's totally gone to the dogs and getting worse. Let's hope that this will be the tipping point and things will start to get better from now on.

Ohhhh, a shadow just passed overhead, could it have been a flying pig ... :D

Sleazeball Keith Vaz has been on the telly commenting. How has that guy managed to get himself as Chair of a Select Committee after abusing his power to unduly influence the application of British Citizenship for his mates.

He is a trained advocate which may offer a partial explanation at least.

Stephenson resigns for hiring a former NI employee as a PR consultant. Where does that leave the Prime Minister?

Get the story right.

Announcing his resignation, Sir Paul said: "I have taken this decision as a consequence of the ongoing speculation and accusations relating to the Met's links with News International at a senior level and in particular in relation to Mr Neil Wallis, who as you know was arrested in connection with Operation Weeting last week."

Sir Paul insisted his integrity was intact despite pressure on him intensifying this weekend after it emerged he accepted thousands of pounds-worth of free accommodation at a luxury health spa.

Regards

Angel.

Archived