Is driving economically potentially dangerous?

Coasting isn't more efficient, and in theory it's not as controlled. Keep your car in gear.

It maybe because i driver an older car but I've been coasting loads all week when I can and still got just under half a tank left!

Sheffield to North Notts most days

ah well, not much alternative to driving then. I presume you've looked into trains and coaches etc? I was in a similar situation for a number of years and it crippled me financially. You'll be better off finding another job to be honest. Either that or try to find a cheap LPG or small diesel car.

The best thing to do on motorways is stick to 60/70 and try not to overtake too often although even the most prudent driving style will only save you a few pence per week

What a stupid post. No engine means no servo.

So you've never driven a vehicle that has no servo assistance?

So you've never driven a vehicle that does not have power steering?

That means your vehicle won't stop

You need to read up on what a servo actually does in relation to braking on cars before you tell people they are wrong. The servo on a car simply makes operating the braking system easier.

Idiot post of the year.

Yours is, indeed.:thumbsup:

And thats a understatement if ever I saw one,try stopping a car doing just 30 mph without help from the servo.

I have done, I've also driven cars without servo assistance.

So you've never driven a vehicle that has no servo assistance?

So you've never driven a vehicle that does not have power steering?

You need to read up on what a servo actually does in relation to braking on cars before you tell people they are wrong. The servo on a car simply makes operating the braking system easier.

Yours is, indeed.:thumbsup:

I have done, I've also driven cars without servo assistance.

It's different driving a car whose systems are designed to have servo brakes or power steering to an older car without these considerations...I've driven both and there is no comparison to a "failed" assisted car and a non asisted one..

Failed power steering makes the steering extremely heavy as you are moving the entire mechanism as well as the wheels. The same doesn't really apply to the brakes, they go very stiff, but you can still make them work (and they don't go stiff until you've pumped them a few times and thus lost the servo pressure), so upinwath was still wrong.

Archived