Virgin gym current prices?

Looked on there website but no info, I guess they avoid telling you there as they prefer to sell to you in person

looking to rejoin, think it was £42 a month for full membership when I left there 2 years ago, anyone know current prices before I call in again.

This might not be much help but I see you haven't received any other replies so I thought I would chip in.

I signed up this week but it was on their 16-25 rate, I'm paying £35/month for anytime use. It would have been £30/month for off-peak only. They also charged a £10 joining fee which I wasn't too fussed about as I had heard horror stories of £50 fees. I think with that sort of thing they charge what they can - as I'd already gone into detail about explaining how I would be starting my new job in a couple of weeks, I wonder if maybe they cut the fee down.

Anyway, based on the rate I'm paying I'd expect it would be similar to what you paid in the past, possibly a few pounds more though?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Just to clarify this for people - when I looked at joining earlier this year, the new Virgin Active at Millhouses quoted me £58 per month! Needless to say, I didn't join!

Looked on there website but no info, I guess they avoid telling you there as they prefer to sell to you in person

looking to rejoin, think it was £42 a month for full membership when I left there 2 years ago, anyone know current prices before I call in again.

They're dishonest- from the bit I've put in bold it looks like you know it as well.

Do you realise there's plenty of proper gyms where you can 'pay as you go' and so not be tied into contracts if your circumstances change and you can't train anymore?

I wish more people did, then these scamsters could be put out of business for good.

I was getting charged £44.03 per month at Greens and since Nuffield Health have taken over have found the atmosphere has changed. It used to be friendly and inviting and the staff used to have a laugh with you but its changed now. The last few times I have been in no one has spoke to me and I felt like a number not a member, and have now decided to terminate my membership. Shame really cos I used to really enjoy going.

• 1 month later...

Archived