Walking:Rambling - in South Yorkshire. Good spots needed

Hello,

My doctors have said i should get out and go for long walks for recovery from illness. Greenery, Lakes, etc... i used to go a lot to Ladybower and Derwent but want something deeper. Maybe spend a whole afternoon or day.

Can any experienced walkers recommend me a good beauty spot?

Thank you,

Ash

Hello,

My doctors have said i should get out and go for long walks for recovery from illness. Greenery, Lakes, etc... i used to go a lot to Ladybower and Derwent but want something deeper. Maybe spend a whole afternoon or day.

Can any experienced walkers recommend me a good beauty spot?

Thank you,

Ash

Stanage Edge gives excellent views, I believe it is over 500 meters high.

You can access this by driving up Ringinglow Road, keep going past the Norfolk Arms Pub and drive to the top of the hill and the road winds round.

Just before a very sharp left, there is a car park and you need to pull off in there, park up the car and the footpath to Stanage Edge is just accross the road.

Its an easy route and yo can pick up the path that takes you to Redmires Reserviour at LOdge Moor, the views are excellent on a clear day

• 2 weeks later...

I love Burbage Moor, you can walk easily on it from Fox House Pub, and there's a car park at Burbage Bridge I think (I don't drive). Also Froggat Edge is very pretty, and is not as busy as Stanage if you like to get away from crowds!

Archived