Martial Arts fitness and Groundfighting class - Chapeltown

We are running Judo classes for children in the morning, however wondered what kind of interest there would be for this kind of session straight afterwards.

It will simply be a martial arts based fitness/cardio session that will last for about 25 minutes, I'll run through one of two techniques and then we will do some groundwork/roll for the last 20/25 minutes or so.

Groundwork, or groundfighting (whichever you choose to call it) is a brilliant calorie burner and it gives you a fantastic all over fitness workout and is far better than a fitness class. As it is only groundwork there won't be the impact injurys you can get from being thrown or punched.

If you fancy giving it a go, if you are a beginner to martial arts, or you are experienced in other martial arts but want a try something else, come along.

The aim is to have a good workout, lose a few excess pounds and perhaps share techniques. If you are interested, send me an email to .................fitness123@live.co.uk

Location is

Chapeltown Martial Arts & Fitness Centre

16/17 Chambers Way

Thorncliffe Park

Sheffield, S35 2PH

Saturday at 12 noon

Let me know if you are coming, so I know if its worth booking the room for an extra hour

Thanks all

I'll run it in an openmat format so that people can choose to wear gi or no gi. Main aim is to have a good workout and burn a few calories (I may even get back into some sort of regular training again).

I'm pondering running some sort of fitness session first (as a seperate session)and then the groundfighting as a seperate session.

I'm looking at pricing it in this format

£4 for the fitness

£4 for the groundwork/groundfighting

or £6 if you do both sessions

Will post details when they are finally sorted out

• 1 month later...

The interest for the groundfighting session is growing slowly and surely.

When the numbers go up a little more, we will be looking at running a Saturday morning session, and potentially the training times would be 11am-12.30pm.

If you are interested, send me an email to fitness123@live.co.uk

All welcome, if you are a beginner to martial arts, or experienced already and would like to try this out then come along. The session is not agressive, the main aim is to burn a few calories, get fitter, train with a variety of different people, get a sweat on and enjoy the training.

Sounds perfect but sadly wrong end of town for me. Do you have any classes southern end of the city or know of similiar classes one can access.

Thanks

I don't have any sessions of this nature at the south side of the city. The only thing I have is the circuit class at Sheffield 12 (this class)

http://www.sheffieldfitness.com/page5.htm

If the session at Chapeltown was to grow, then yes I would be looking at another venue the other side of the city.

Archived