Yet more begging TV charities?

Humanitarian disasters are (by definition) "big business."

Charity begins at home (it doesn't have to stop there, but it should indeed begin there.)

Sort out the problems at home and even those who are just above the poverty line might be persuaded to help others.

Ignore the problems at home and you build a stick for your own back drop yourself so deep in the crap you will never be able to dig yourself out.

Once again saying it how it really is.

Really? Source please.

Besides, even if she did..... So what? Its a huge worldwide organisation and she is one of top management executives. You got any idea what sort of duties, decisions and responsibilities she has.

Are you involved/connected with any charitable organisation?:suspect:

Yeah I work as an unpaid Director of one.

I selected and employed our Chief Executive and also set their salary based on their knowledge, experience and skills.

Well that answers a lot, "knowledge experience and skills", typical office speak as a method of justification. seems a strange charity organisation where one person can employ someone into a salaried position.:suspect:

Why is it always Africa with the begging bowl?

I have often wondered this;

Everyone with an Ology or an ist after their names,assure us that mankind originated on the African continent and spread north then branched out.

If this is the case,why are the Africans so behind us technology-wise.

In northern Europe,we only have a very short growing season,and freezing winters. We have developed the means to feed and clothe ourselves and survive the long winter months.

Why hasn't Africa developed the means to cope with their different problems?

If they are the oldest race,surely they should be more advanced than us.

I would like to add,we never hear S America,Asia,The Antipodes or the frozen countries begging for handouts.

This is not a black,brown yellow or any other colour question,by the way,it is more a geographical one.

Everyone with an Ology or an ist after their names,assure us that mankind originated on the African continent and spread north then branched out.

In northern Europe,we only have a very short growing season,and freezing winters. We have developed the means to feed and clothe ourselves and survive the long winter months.

I would like to add,we never hear S America,Asia,The Antipodes or the frozen countries begging for handouts.

This is not a black,brown yellow or any other colour question,by the way,it is more a geographical one.

The smart humans didn’t like Africa so they spread out across the globe, leaving the not so smart ones behind, and it still happens today.:)

Very well said, and there is no need to fear accusations of racism, Africa is predominantly Black, that is fact.

It is nothing to do with colonialism, African countries that have achieved independence were actualy left in an excellent state contrary to what the westernerphobes may preach.

Well that answers a lot, "knowledge experience and skills", typical office speak as a method of justification. seems a strange charity organisation where one person can employ someone into a salaried position.:suspect:

Are you incredibly dense or something?

On what other basis do you think people should people in senior positions be employed?

Seems when it comes to any business acumen you're seriously lacking. If your company could be turned around by an individual as CEO from a minor player to major league, you'd pay the going rate. Charities are run like any other business, they also operate in a competitive market. Stick with the playing for peanuts son.

they did, then western europeans came along and enslaved a large proportion of the population, killed most of the rest and raped the land of its natural resources

quite a lot of uk government aid goes to asia

the uk government also contributes to united nation and other non-governmental organiations and they will spread that money all over the globe

what we hear or dont hear about depends on the whim of the news editors

Archived