Ben Needham MEGATHREAD

I think she needs to move on. If Ben is still alive, he won't have a clue who she is, and revealing his secret past to him will only cause problems that will live with him for the rest of his life.

As stupid posts go this one goes. Who are you to talk on behalf of people who've been through the trauma they have? You seem to have psycho-analysed Ben Needham when the rest of the world doesn't even know if he's alive and if so where he is. What the individuals concerned want and need is up to them.

i think even if Ben was found, he wouldnt want to come back to the uk.

Imagine living in Greece with a family you have known all your life, then finding out you were taken, and then coming to live in Sheffield with strangers and a totally diffrent culture.

I think she just need to know he is alive and ok.

I think she needs to move on. If Ben is still alive, he won't have a clue who she is, and revealing his secret past to him will only cause problems that will live with him for the rest of his life.

i think even if Ben was found, he wouldnt want to come back to the uk.

Imagine living in Greece with a family you have known all your life, then finding out you were taken, and then coming to live in Sheffield with strangers and a totally diffrent culture.

I think she just need to know he is alive and ok.

Your assuming he has had a good life, or at least a reasonably normal one with a family (assuming of course he is still alive). He may however have been locked up in a cellar for the last 20 years being abused on a daily basis.

jb

Don't think anyone who has lost a child would and he would remember, I have recollections that are still with me from that age, like the coronation on TV so he will remember his mother

very unlikely. Most people's earliest memories are well beyond 21 months, which is the age Ben was when he disappeared. Average earliest memory is believed to be around 40 months, though mine is earlier than that, when we moved house and I was aged 26 months. But after that, I don't remember anything until I was about 3 and a half.

I've talked this over with numerous people, I have four siblings and none of the others have earliest memory as young as 26 months, which is mine, too (a very significant event - moving house, to a city in a different part of the country).

and Ben was a lot younger than even that. If he is alive, the chances are if he does remember that far that back, which is unlikely, it will be the shock of the change into the new he will remember, not the old.

I remember seeing Coronation on TV that was June 6th 1953 and I was 26 months old then, DOB 5/4/1951

I also remember standing outside Jessops hospital asking that my mother to throw my new born brother down to me and that was September 1953 and I was two years five months old then

Has she got any more children?

She does have a daughter, who was born a few years after Ben's disappearance, but I'm not sure what relevance that has on the case. The pain Kerry Needham has suffered in the 20 years since Ben's disappearance is not going to diminish, even with the blessing of another child.