Ben Needham MEGATHREAD

His family should go to a physic person, they are normally accurate, whether or not they believe in spirits and that, they could help. Hope they find him eventually.

Kerry Needham did if i recall.

I feel for Kerry Needham, a lifetime of wondering. There is no evidence anything untoward has happened to Ben Needham (or Madanline McCann) and chances are he's living with a well to do family somewhere in the world oblivious to his past and where he came from.

I hope both sets of parents can get closure and see their respective children one day, no one had the right to be passing blame in cases like this, i'm sure both sets of parents re live the day every second of there lives and regret moves they made or wish they'd have done something different but whatever way you look at it no one has the right to take someone elses child.

• 2 months later...

Did anybody else see the report tonight on the main news on ITV about the new leads in the search for Ben Needham?

A doctor has come forwards and claimed that he met a boy in the hospital he worked at 20 years ago who told him his name was Ben and was with a gypsy woman he knew could not have children. He says he treated him twice. He reported it to the police at the time but it appears nothing was done, a further appeal went out on Greek TV last week and he has come forward again with his lead.

It sounds really plausible plus I'm assuming there will be hospital records to back it up which may make him traceable.

Interesting too that the McCanns have had millions spent on them by the government in order to follow up old leads but Kerry has had nowt. This just shows what might be lurking in the files if she had the same kind of funding. Did anyone else see it, what did you make of it?

After all this time, would it be better to let sleeping dogs lay. The child/man will have no recolection of his former life. Maybe better as it is?. Would his real mum try to get him to return to the UK, leaving behiind all his "family".

Glad it's a decision I do not have to make. Good luck to Bens mum whatever she decides.

Regards

Angel.

After all this time, would it be better to let sleeping dogs lay. The child/man will have no recolection of his former life. Maybe better as it is?. Would his real mum try to get him to return to the UK, leaving behiind all his "family".

Glad it's a decision I do not have to make. Good luck to Bens mum whatever she decides.

Regards

Angel.

Kerry still wants to know and I think it's her call really. And don't forget he is an adult now so she can't 'get him' to do anything, it will be entirely up to him. But I think in that situation most people would want to know who they were.

And this lead does sound more plausible than previous ones.

Do you have kids angel?only of it was me and a new lead came up I'd jump at the chance to get my child back,no matter how old he is.

It would then be up to Ben to say what he wants to do with regards to where he lives.

Never heard such a laughable comment as to let sleeping dogs lay!they have fought years to try and get Ben back.even appearing on tv again last year to get new leads.

Let's hope this is the news they have been waiting for!

If Ben saw himself on TV but was living with loving people that he believed were his parents would he come forward and risk the people he now loves going to prison?

If Ben saw himself on TV but was living with loving people that he believed were his parents would he come forward and risk the people he now loves going to prison?

Why would they go to prison ? - what if the sick individual(s) who took Ben in the first place gave them the child ? - who said it was theirs but couldn't look after it ?

Do you have kids angel?only of it was me and a new lead came up I'd jump at the chance to get my child back,no matter how old he is.

It would then be up to Ben to say what he wants to do with regards to where he lives.

Never heard such a laughable comment as to let sleeping dogs lay!they have fought years to try and get Ben back.even appearing on tv again last year to get new leads.

Let's hope this is the news they have been waiting for!

To be honest I've some sympathy with Angel's view and I don't often with the stuff they say!

I know a criminal act has been committed as far as Ben's concerned, and his Mum & Dad have suffered years of angst and not knowing..but we don't know what kind of life he's had since he was taken, it may well have been idyllic and he loves his 'family'.

Put yourself in his position for a moment..what would you do if someone knocked on your door and said the only mother and father you knew had abducted you from a Greek woman you didn't know when you were a baby?

I'm not at all saying his Mum would be wrong in pursuing this, I may well do the same in her position, but it isn't as simple as it first appears and she has to consider what it would do to her son's future life if he ever discovered the truth.

That's a good point andikay, children who are victims of sexual abuse within their family face the same difficult dilemma.