Ben Needham MEGATHREAD

Why would they go to prison ? - what if the sick individual(s) who took Ben in the first place gave them the child ? - who said it was theirs but couldn't look after it ?

Who said they would go to prison?

I think it would be wrong not to tell him his past if he is ever found. Sometimes things have to be known, even if it is distressing. Of course ben should know who his real mum is.

On balance I'd probably agree with that view but I remember reading about Unity Mitford one of the infamous Mitford sisters who had an obsession with Adolf Hitler, it was rumoured that she'd become pregnant by him and had the baby in England which was adopted..imagine being the poor child being given that news!

Edited by boyfriday

Kerry thinks about Ben every waking hour, she most probably dreams about him. Her life is ruined, she only stays alive because she believes that she will see Ben again.

Whoever took Ben is responsible for this woman's torment, I can only say that if this was my wife, she would go to her grave hoping and praying that her son would be returned to her, even if he wanted nothing to do with her, she would gain some comfort from knowing that he was alive.

Any lead should be followed up, all avenues explored, this is not about revenge, the courts are there to sort out the legalities.

God bless Kerry.

Edited by crookesey
bad spelling

That would only apply if he was in full knowledge of his past. That's unlikely.

If he's alive, the most likely scenario is like us all, just leading a normal life with normal parents.

Ben might now there is something not quite right with his life; I think it’s something some adopted children feel that haven’t been told they are adopted. They keep showing images on TV of what he may look like, if he sees them and figures out he is Ben he may do nothing about it for fear of getting is loving (adopted) parents into trouble. Assuming he is alive and as what he would consider to be his parents.

Ben might now there is something not quite right with his life; I think it’s something some adopted children feel that haven’t been told they are adopted. They keep showing images on TV of what he may look like, if he sees them and figures out he is Ben he may do nothing about it for fear of getting is loving (adopted) parents into trouble. Assuming he is alive and as what he would consider to be his parents.

What I was implying was, if you take your own situation as a model. Would you have any reason to believe you were a kidnap victim? Would you have any reason to believe your parents may have bought you, or were criminals themselves? You would somehow need some sort of sixth sense unless the everyday topic of conversation within the family was that you were odd, and the name Ben Needham was bandied about within your circle.

It may go against the grain and hope, but personally I don't think he's alive, unless like the recent German case he's being kept prisoner continuously. That's not to say if he was my child I'd want 100% evidence that he wasn't alive before I gave up.

What I was implying was, if you take your own situation as a model. Would you have any reason to believe you were a kidnap victim? Would you have any reason to believe your parents may have bought you, or were criminals themselves? You would somehow need some sort of sixth sense unless the everyday topic of conversation within the family was that you were odd, and the name Ben Needham was bandied about within your circle.

It may go against the grain and hope, but personally I don't think he's alive, unless like the recent German case he's being kept prisoner continuously. That's not to say if he was my child I'd want 100% evidence that he wasn't alive before I gave up.

Or he saw pictures of a kidnap victim posted on the internet and on TV that looked like him and was the same age as him; he could have a vague memory of his real mother, he could have memories from the time he was kidnapped but can’t quite make sense of them because he was so young.

All I’m saying if one day he realises he is Ben but he as loving parents would he come forward and risk those parents being punished.

Keith Bennetts mother knows hes buried on the moors and she also knows theres probably very little left of his body...she would still love to find his grave though and recover what if anything is left,better to leave him be ?...I doubt she would agree ..nor would Kerry Needham