Ben Needham MEGATHREAD

The Mitford clan hmm now there's a dodgy crew.

Doesn't one of them still live quite near you?

Regarding Benn Needham I strongly believe if he was ever going to be found alive it would have happened a long time ago.

I hope I am proved wrong.

Yes 91 years of age and bright as a button, the old girl is a bit down at the moment, having just lost one of her best friends, Sir Patrick Leigh Furmor, a war hero portrayed in film by Dirk Bogarde.

As for Ben, ask your wife what she would be thinking, I reckon similar to his mum.

Edited by crookesey
poor spelling

Would you say that if it was your child that had been abducted?

I don't have children, I'm unable to make that call personally, but I will say this.

Every parent I have ever known, male or female, including my own, would not care a hoot about their own feelings; they would want what was best for their child.

I don't have children, I'm unable to make that call personally, but I will say this.

Every parent I have ever known, male or female, including my own, would not care a hoot about their own feelings; they would want what was best for their child.

But have any of these ever had a child abducted and searched for them for the last 20 or so years ?

Edited by Glamrocker

But have any of these ever had a child abducted and searched for them for the last 15 or so years ?

What makes you think that's a relevant factor? All parents, in my experience, want what is best for their child regardless of circumstances. I'm quite certain that Ben Needham's mother wants what is best for Ben Needham; possibly, she and I might disagree on what would be best, but not for one second would I expect her to put her own wishes above his best interests.

What makes you think that's a relevant factor? All parents, in my experience, want what is best for their child regardless of circumstances. I'm quite certain that Ben Needham's mother wants what is best for Ben Needham; possibly, she and I might disagree on what would be best, but not for one second would I expect her to put her own wishes above his best interests.

Of course its relevant to your post ,you stated the parents you know wouldnt give a hoot for their feelings Im saying that there is not one person on here who can say that Kerry Needham would say the same ,simply because none of the parents you know can begin to imagine what that woman has gone though over the years,all parents want whats best for their children but not all parents have been denied watching their children grow up over the years there may be just a hint of,for want of a better word ,selfishness creep into their feelings and lets be right ,who could blame them ?

Irrelevant. The likelihood of him ever being reunited with Kerry is nil (or as near as dammit).

Sad, but that's how it goes.

So what is the problem with doing what should have been done years ago? I don't think that Ben is dead, if I am correct he can be found, that is if someone actually does something.

The police giving amnesty would make no difference if it was my child because I would kill them stone dead and lay happy in my cell knowing they would never put anyone else through the same horrors again.

I fully expect posts condemning this but I don't give a flying fart.

They would not get chance to do it again.

The police giving amnesty would make no difference if it was my child because I would kill them stone dead and lay happy in my cell knowing they would never put anyone else through the same horrors again.

I fully expect posts condemning this but I don't give a flying fart.

They would not get chance to do it again.

I would agree with the amnesty, just to get Ben back, following that I dare not even think what I would do.