Ben Needham MEGATHREAD

and 22 years ago. A case this old, with this little evidence is really unlikely to be solved.

At least with the McCann case there is the possibility that someone might not have come forward, and that they may be able to give a description - that description/e-fit might still relate to someone.

Yes I'll agree there BF, but the McCann's having money has got them more media coverage wrongly IMO, this petition signed.

Pete

Can't disagree with that Bpb, the turning point for them was hiring a PR advisor, Clarence Mitchell, who really up'd the ante. Just as an aside he started his career on Radio Sheffield, we'd occasionally play pool in the South Seas at lunchtime..wonder if he'd ever heard of Ben Needham? :(

Can't disagree with that Bpb, the turning point for them was hiring a PR advisor, Clarence Mitchell, who really up'd the ante. Just as an aside he started his career on Radio Sheffield, we'd occasionally play pool in the South Seas at lunchtime..wonder if he'd ever heard of Ben Needham? :(

Yes makes you wonder, credit to Kerry & her family for keeping Ben in memories like she has, the media would not do it unless she didn't keep at them brave lass.

Signed it too, watched Crimewatch tonight and there do seem to be a lot of people working on the Madeleine case, the new information seems to revolve around a few men hanging around the complex, and a guy carrying a child in the direction of the beach.

I've always thought that the McCann's movements were being watched :(

Signed it too, watched Crimewatch tonight and there do seem to be a lot of people working on the Madeleine case, the new information seems to revolve around a few men hanging around the complex, and a guy carrying a child in the direction of the beach.

I've always thought that the McCann's movements were being watched :(

Unlike the children who were left alone like they were :(

I do hope she is found safe and well.

The main difference between the mccanns and the needham family, is one is working class, and the other is middle. The intrigue with the McCanns will always be there for the media, as there is enough evidence for them to be treat as suspects. If the parents had been unemployed, the headline in the mail would have looked more like this.

Girl missing while two unemployed scouse parents drank, and kept drinking, when realised she was missing went back to get another drink.

The media know that ben was kidnapped, and that the parents are not at all too blame, but with the McCanns there will always be the intrigue.

Why would anyone leave a three year old in an appartment on their own every night of their holiday?

Whilst on holdiay, they put the kids in different kids club, whilst they played tennis, and did jogging.

Surely they should have been charged for abandoment. I feel sorry for Maddie, but I can not bring myself to feel sympathy for her parents, who feel it is alright to go drinking, and leave a three year old alone. anyway signed the petition, and good luck to Kerry

Edited by sheff1johnny

the McCann girl was also older than Needham - 4 years old, as opposed to 21 months. That alone, is enough to make it a more newsworthy story. The photos look better when it is a proper kid, than just a baby. Crucially Madeleine McCann if she is ever found, may be able to remember her 'previous life', whereas Ben Needham, is he is ever found, won't. The Needham case did get a considerable amount of news coverage though, regardless.