Should S17 be returned to Derbyshire

Didn't Dore used to be part of Dronfield, back in the days when Sheffield, Norton and Dronfield were of a similar size?

I might be wrong, but I think that it was Totley. There are many Totley folks graves in Holmesfield grave yard, I believe that Holmesfield was in the parish of Dronfield.

Beighton became part of Sheffield in 1968 when it was a village with a bus every 2 hours to Sheffield and the Booth and Fisher to Chesterfield.

The surrounding townships have all been built since and the place is not nearly as community spirited as it used to be.

I wonder if any residents still living in Totley can remember it becoming part of Sheffield in 1935, the fact is most people now living in Totley knew it was part of Sheffield when they either moved there or were old enough to realise.

Beighton became part of Sheffield in 1968 when it was a village with a bus every 2 hours to Sheffield and the Booth and Fisher to Chesterfield.

The surrounding townships have all been built since and the place is not nearly as community spirited as it used to be.

Yes, Beighton deserves a shout, as does Ridgeway, Mosborough, Gleadless and all the other districts that Sheffield nicked from Derbyshire.

Archived