Should S17 be returned to Derbyshire

I agree with you 100% crooksey. I have also had more than my fair share of abuse simply because of my post code.

Owl84 accuses me of living in a cyber world, when his post count is higher than mine, you couldn't make it up. :hihi:

The problem is, if Dore was returned [ or exiled ] to Derbyshire, which area would all the Dore Knockers [ ' dore knockers ' ! geddit ? ] turn on in their nastiness and spite and envy ?

They could hardly say, " Thi 's sum reight posh fowlk live up on t' Manor. I seen one daft beggar t ' other day, drinkin' tea wi ' a saucer an' wipin' 'is nose wi ' a bloody silly

'ankerchief ! " It just wouldn 't have the same impact and would probably not be true either.

So, it 's a big step ! The same thing will happen if bonny Scotland floats off northwards. Who will the Jock-Bashers go for then ? The Welsh ? Hardly worth it. It 's very important to have a worthy victim or fall-guy. Anybody can be anti-proletariat or very anti-Scottish----plenty to go at, so it might be better to let them stick around for a bit-----or until Plan Europe collapses ?

Would that be the me on The Manor 1947-1952, or me in S12, 1952-1972, or me on the Norfolk Park 1972-1976? Of course it wouldn't, its about S17, 1976 to current.

I asked a simple question, you as a very simple person should have no problem answering it. :hihi:

S17 should be returned to the people of Derbyshire ASAP, maybe then you will join Chesterfield Forum!

Owl84 accuses me of living in a cyber world, when his post count is higher than mine, you couldn't make it up. :hihi:

Wouldn't it be a breath of fresh air if one of these people could be honnest with us and themselves for once, you know, post the truth for a change! Something along the lines of "I think S17 should remain in South Yorkshire as it is the jewel in Sheffield's crown, I am a little jealous of the folk that live there, but would join them like a shot if I were wealthy enough".:)

Wouldn't it be a breath of fresh air if one of these people could be honnest with us and themselves for once, you know, post the truth for a change! Something along the lines of "I think S17 should remain in South Yorkshire as it is the jewel in Sheffield's crown, I am a little jealous of the folk that live there, but would join them like a shot if I were wealthy enough".:)

Apart from overpriced housing, what else does S17 have going for it :huh:

When I went to school 7000 plus was well above 1400 ha ha

You are really thick aren't you?

Me - joined Jan 2006 - Posts - 7683

You - joined July 2010 - Posts - 1436

This makes your post count more than mine by multiplying 1466 by 5.7 = 8185.

That's how we did it when I attended grammar school. ;)

Archived