Should S17 be returned to Derbyshire

I wonder if any residents still living in Totley can remember it becoming part of Sheffield in 1935, the fact is most people now living in Totley knew it was part of Sheffield when they either moved there or were old enough to realise.

Most have passed alex, but I have been here for 35 years and remember them well. My next door neighbour but one's brother only ever went into Sheffield City Centre the once in his seventy odd years.

The division was just before the Hamlet, where the stream floods over the road. There is a twang of Derbyshire in some folks accents, mine included, but I was nearer to your area when all this kicked off.

Most have passed alex, but I have been here for 35 years and remember them well. My next door neighbour but one's brother only ever went into Sheffield City Centre the once in his seventy odd years.

The division was just before the Hamlet, where the stream floods over the road. There is a twang of Derbyshire in some folks accents, mine included, but I was nearer to your area when all this kicked off.

I have lived in six different places in Sheffield all of which were part of Derbyshire at one time.

S17 is the council's jewel in the crown, no council tax exempt student properties here, as in S10 and S11, this city would be a dead duck without it.

How do you mean Crooksey? I am sure that S10 delivers the most money to the council because of the council tax they collect from the huge properties at Ranmoor?

Didn't Dore used to be part of Dronfield, back in the days when Sheffield, Norton and Dronfield were of a similar size?

The bourndary was at Heeley where teh crown public house is at the junction of London/ Chesterfield Road

We can't go a week without a 'We hate Dore and Totley', post. I don't see folk from S17 insulting people because of where they live. I would love it to be an extension of the Hope Valley or Bakewell and Villages, what do other S17 residents think?

Only if you have a passport to get through border control

How do you mean Crooksey? I am sure that S10 delivers the most money to the council because of the council tax they collect from the huge properties at Ranmoor?

Ranmoor is not high density, many of the bungalows in Dore bring in as much in council tax as Victorian villa in Ranmoor. I wager that Lodge Moor, Crosspool and Crookes deliver far more in council tax. However a lot of S10 property is exempt, due to it being student accommodation.

S17 is the council's jewel in the crown...as in S10 and S11, this city would be a dead duck without it.

I wager that when they saw the possibility of the incoming council tax, they would.

Maybe this "You poor wretches should be thankful for my prosperity, you couldn't live without me" attitude is why some people feel animosity towards the residents of Dore and Totley. You hardly sound like a great advertisement for them

Maybe this "You poor wretches should be thankful for my prosperity, you couldn't live without me" attitude is why some people feel animosity towards the residents of Dore and Totley. You hardly sound like a great advertisement for them

Back from the dog walk alex, I wonder which high security establishment this one has escaped from. :huh:

He makes my point, game, set and match, I made my OP by mentioning the S17 insulters, I have insulted nobody, and just on time a plonker post arrives.

:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Archived