Should S17 be returned to Derbyshire

Were Stocksbridge and Wortley autonomous, and did Penistone join Sheffield with them?

Stocksbridge and Wortley were part of the old West Riding - although Stocksbridge did have a town council with limited powers. Penistone was also part of the West Riding (and had a town council like Stocksbridge) but became part of Barnsley in 1974.

Excuse me,Crooksey,Ridgeway is still in Derbyshire,we fought tooth and nail not to be swallowed up by Sheffield,and won.

High lane is now halfway in Yorks,and half in Derbys,and the residents who live on Camm House estate , as a rule,tell anyone interested that they live in Derbyshire,but they DON'T.

OH and I now live in sunny Arbourthorne,moved for the convienience of buses,shops ect,but I am comforted to know that once opon a time,this was also Derbyshire,encompassed in the Norton area.

Yours,Derbyshire through and through.

Excuse me,Crooksey,Ridgeway is still in Derbyshire,we fought tooth and nail not to be swallowed up by Sheffield,and won.

High lane is now halfway in **Yorks,and half in Derbys,and the residents who live on Camm House estate , as a rule,tell anyone interested that they live in Derbyshire,but they DON'T.

OH and I now live in sunny Arbourthorne,moved for the convienience of buses,shops ect,but I am comforted to know that once opon a time,this was also Derbyshire,encompassed in the Norton area.

Yours,Derbyshire through and through.

BUT Ridgeway/Ford/High Lane are S12, I think!

** Read as 'SOUTH Yorkshire".

Iam from woodseats so can we return to derbyshire then .

No you can't, anyway I don't believe Woodseats has ever been Derbyshire. :huh:

I say that you can't, because my South Yorkshire Day Tripper wouldn't let me into Derbyshire.

Archived