Should S17 be returned to Derbyshire

No you can't, anyway I don't believe Woodseats has ever been Derbyshire. :huh:

I say that you can't, because my South Yorkshire Day Tripper wouldn't let me into Derbyshire.

Just wait until you qualify for a daft old bugger's pass, you can go anywhere with it, as long as you're not twurly. :hihi:

No you can't, anyway I don't believe Woodseats has ever been Derbyshire. :huh:

I say that you can't, because my South Yorkshire Day Tripper wouldn't let me into Derbyshire.

It came into sheffield in 1934 , the boundary at one time was as stated earlier The Crown Inn at Heeley when the boundary was extended Sheffield Council built the road that is now chesterfiled road from Derbyshire Lane Bottom to Scarsdale Road (as it is now). The work was extensive it had to buld the large stone walls , up until then the road to chesterfield went up Derbyshire Lane or you went on Abbeydale Road and up woodseats road.

Bromwich Road was called Broomfield Road when it was in Derbyshire :

Compact5856.jpg

If you look at Bromwich road there is still a road sign with the old street name on , Scarsdale Road, Cobnar Road were two roads that were re named when woodseats came into Derbyshire. Unfortunatley the latter two have lost there street signs with both names on .

I'm not from S17, but I wouldn't mind living out that way. The houses and gardens usually look well cared for, and it would knock about 20 minutes off our regular journeys to visit our grandchildren in Cheshire. ;) I don't have a view about the boundaries though.

Sadly, we'd need a lottery win to do it. :shakes:

There are several houses and flats on sale for less than £200k in Totley

At least we haven't installed a surface swimming pool. ;)

You wanna see it now since I took golf up a couple of months ago, driving nets, piching nets and putting area, my grandson said "what's all this is it for me" his grandmother replied "no these are grandads toys"...:hihi:.:D.

You wanna see it now since I took golf up a couple of months ago, driving nets, piching nets and putting area, my grandson said "what's all this is it for me" his grandmother replied "no these are grandads toys"...:hihi:.:D.

You're not by any chance thinking about about taking up hand gliding, are you? :hihi:

Would one of the reasons of moving the boundary of Totley not increase the house prices, due to their Derbyshire status, whilst also allowing those who reside in Totley to feel more or come across as being more 'Posh' (if that’s the right word).

Just to add to the OP, I have many good friends who live in Totley, Dore, Beuchief, & throughout Derbyshire as a whole, I don't have reason or cause towards them or many others I don't know to despise them. I do however look upon those individuals who portray themselves as being better than others because of where they live, I look at those individual with a lot of amusement, at how ridicules they sound or look.

Would one of the reasons of moving the boundary of Totley not increase the house prices, due to their Derbyshire status, whilst also allowing those who reside in Totley to feel more or come across as being more 'Posh' (if that’s the right word).

Just to add to the OP, I have many good friends who live in Totley, Dore, Beuchief, & throughout Derbyshire as a whole, I don't have reason or cause towards them or many others I don't know to despise them. I do however look upon those individuals who portray themselves as being better than others because of where they live, I look at those individual with a lot of amusement, at how ridicules they sound or look.

Many thanks for sharing that. :huh:

Archived