Should S17 be returned to Derbyshire

Excuse me,Crooksey,Ridgeway is still in Derbyshire,we fought tooth and nail not to be swallowed up by Sheffield,and won.

High lane is now halfway in Yorks,and half in Derbys,and the residents who live on Camm House estate , as a rule,tell anyone interested that they live in Derbyshire,but they DON'T.

OH and I now live in sunny Arbourthorne,moved for the convienience of buses,shops ect,but I am comforted to know that once opon a time,this was also Derbyshire,encompassed in the Norton area.

Yours,Derbyshire through and through.

I would put a toll at either end, for you to enter yorkshire. I bet you have near sheffield on your address. What snobby pettiness

No real opinion on Dore or Totley but was brought up on the Derbyshire side of Shirebrook lol, was special back then or seemed it. Once they changed the boundries so we became part of Sheffield it all went Down hill! The bin carts changed colour, the water changed naff naff! We were not posh but spoke The queens English and got a clipped ear if ever we Thee'd or tha'd and dropped our H's. Lol Good old Basegreen/ Charnock but Charnock was the posh side of the road. Derbyshire is still on the doorstep with wide open fields and views on the doorstep. Many a childhood adventure down Robinbrook lane. These days if your brought up on Basegreen.

I would put a toll at either end, for you to enter yorkshire. I bet you have near sheffield on your address. What snobby pettiness

How about betting £1,000, keyboard warrior, or think (I know that will be difficult for you) about starting an original thread off your own bat, instead of trying to ruin someone else's? :loopy:

I would be living in Derbyshire if Sheffield hadn't nicked what is now S17. Totley still competes at football in the Hope Valley league, and I think in cricket.

The boundaries commission has much to answer for. :(

What difference would it make to you? Sheffield or Derbyshire?

You would still be living in the same house.

Archived