Has anyone got any old twickers mags from the past wraggers

Don't know, but the last one I bought was 1981 and it seemed to be very racist and sexist even then.

It was always like that steptoad but done in a Monty Pythonish kind of way that didn't seem to upset people. Did the PR police step in, I wonder?

It was always like that steptoad but done in a Monty Pythonish kind of way that didn't seem to upset people. Did the PR police step in, I wonder?

It must've gone right over my head then the Monty Pythonish bit, it just seemed nasty.

If you take Monty Python seriously, the funny walks routine could be interpreted to poke fun at disabled people, the dead parrot scene could be an issue for the RSPCA, or the rat pie skit could receive objections from the Department of Health.

Most of us look beyond all that and see the funny side of it. That's how I used to remember the Twikker in the 60s. Hilarious.

Archived