Has anyone got any old twickers mags from the past wraggers

If you take Monty Python seriously, the funny walks routine could be interpreted to poke fun at disabled people, the dead parrot scene could be an issue for the RSPCA, or the rat pie skit could receive objections from the Department of Health.

Most of us look beyond all that and see the funny side of it. That's how I used to remember the Twikker in the 60s. Hilarious.

Hmm, I never saw any of that, but now you mention it.........and I suppose Monsieur Creosote is a comment on current trends in obesity.

Not sure if I like my new way of seeing the Pythons.

What's Spam really all about then?

You have to have a completely uninhibited imagination to appreciate Monty Python, Steptoad. The twikker was a racy magazine that in its day pushed the envelope a bit. By today's standards I guess it would be pretty tame stuff though. Don't forget that the proceeds went to charities.

Mods: Pls correct the spelling mistake in the title? Please? "Raggers" Don't know how the "w" crept in.

• 5 months later...

Whilst clearing out a drawer I found a 1971 Twikker - a bit tatty but more-or-less in one piece. Some of the jokes were already old in 1971, and some of the others have been recycled many times since then; here's a sample.

I anyone would like this Twikker, I'll send it gratis to the first person to PM me a mailing address (UK or overseas)!.:)

Whilst clearing out a drawer I found a 1971 Twikker - a bit tatty but more-or-less in one piece. Some of the jokes were already old in 1971, and some of the others have been recycled many times since then; here's a sample.

I anyone would like this Twikker, I'll send it gratis to the first person to PM me a mailing address (UK or overseas)!.:)

Thats so nice of you to offer that hillsbro, to overseas people also, not interested myself but still nice of you to offer it around.

He's like that, he's a thoroughly nice guy.
My goodness - this might go to my head.....:blush:.:blush:

Hi tigerman - the Twikker will be in the post today. I've made copies of some of the funnier joke pages for the other people.

My goodness - this might go to my head.....:blush:.:blush:

Hi tigerman - the Twikker will be in the post today. I've made copies of some of the funnier joke pages for the other people.

I enjoyed that joke hillsbro :hihi: I'd not heard it before.

Why don't you put the jokes you've copied in the 'I'm bored' section, onto Syrup's joke thread. :)

...Why don't you put the jokes you've copied in the 'I'm bored' section, onto Syrup's joke thread. :)
Hi Joto - well, as this thread is specifically a Twikker thread I'll add some more links (see below) but I've put the same joke as above on Syrup's thread, and also given a link to this thread..:)

Here are three more jokes from the 1971 Twikker. It was when reading the Twikker that I realised where I first saw some jokes that I've been re-telling for the last 40 years. I'm sure I'm not the only Sheffielder whose attempts at humour over the years owe much to this rag mag!.:P

Archived