James Fox (Actor) time in Sheffield

At the weekend in a discussion about films the names of Edward Fox and James Fox the actors came up. I can always remember when I was a teenager (late 1960's) my mother came home from work (an office job) and

told us that James Fox the actor had been introduced to the staff and that he would be working there for a while.

I think my mother was gobsmacked at this celebrity working in the same building. I think Fox had joined a religious group in some sort of break from acting. But why Sheffield in a small business.

That is all I can recall - apart from the staff were told to respect his privacy

and to keep it as quiet as possible. I think he was only there was a few months.

Can anyone else remember this at all - did it get into the Star at the time

or was it kept quiet ??

I remember seeing James Fox in Sheffield,

at the time he was working for A T Bescoby & Sons (printers & paper merchants) Spring Street.

He came into the shop that I worked in, seem to remember he was doing some repping for Bescoby's at the time.

My Missus grew up in Oughtibridge. She used to go to the Church Youth Club etc and James Fox was often there.

He also had a job with a company that came round and cleaned telephone handsets etc with a mild antiseptic - I think he was a rep for them